Chapter 16

Abrianna

After touring around mom's garden, we sat at the stools beside their pool. I freed my feet from my sandals and checked them. My heels are already red. No wonder, they feel tired. I sighed and gently twirled them for a slight massage before putting back my sandals on.

"Mom, I think kuya will talk to me later because of what he found out" I glanced at Vienna and she is pouting.

Is she pertaining to her dating revelation with that photograper guy?

"You know your brother, Vienna. He is protective when it comes to you. To us. And I'm sure he also talked to Vince so you're not alone" Mom replied. She is right. Cervantes talked with Vince. Nagpaalam siya sa'kin kanina.

So, I was right. Vienna was referring to her dating issue.

"Pero kasi" She pouted again like she doesn't like the idea of talking to Cervantes.

I furrowed my eyebrows. Why? Does he go ballistic when he talks to them? Does he give off an aura of a boss? Or is he scary? All I kmow is he was displeased with the idea of Vienna dating.

I was taken a back when she suddenly looked at my direction and gave me a pleading look. "Talk to kuya kaya, ate. I believe he will listen to you"

Gulat akong tumingin sa kanya. I didn't expect her to include me in their issue as siblings. Wait. Why would she request me to do that in the beginning? Oh right, she thinks Cervantes and I are getting along pretty well. Tsk.

I immedietely shook my head. "I don't think so" I blatantly replied 'cause why would I talk to him? What would I even tell to Cervantes in the first place? Huwag siyang pagbawalan ganoon? I am in no place to do that. This is a matter between them so I am out of it. Atsaka para namang makikinig iyon sa'kin.

Her shoulders dropped so I immediately consoled her. "I mean, it's better if you guys are the ones who'll settle it. Cervantes, I mean your kuya, means no harm for sure"  I guess?

"Your ate Abrianna is right, Vienna. It's better if you talk to Luke. Pagsasabihan ka lang ng kuya mo, anak, at saka para namang hindi ka palaging kinakausap ng kuya mo" singit ni mom.

Oh, palagi naman pala silang nag-uusap so why  the reaction?

"That's the thing, mom. I'm used to it but this.. this a different thing" she seemed frustrated kaya mas lalo akong na-curious. Does Cervantes swallow people alive when mad? Kidding. She's just too bothered. "If this is about me coming home late at night, I would surely know how kuya will react but this ..this is me going on a date, mom..and kuya argh I don't know how things will turn. What happened in the dinner is just a taste. He is soo primitive kasi"

I chuckled at her used adjective. Primitive. Damn. You are Old-fashioned then Cervantes.
Kaya ba ayaw mong makipagdate si Vienna?
Tsk. I guess he is one of those brothers who are playing the 'over-protective brother' role. He is one of those brothers na ang over protective masyado. Tsk.

"Your kuya just wants the best for you, Vienna. You know that very well" Ngumuso si Vienna. I can see that she disagrees. Well, I would do the same if I were her. Who would even be happy when you are heavily guarded by your brother to the point that dating seems like marriage to them?

I am lucky I didn't get to experience that with Alejandro. He is balanced I can say. That big ass brother of mine. I hope he is happy wherever he currently is.

"Anyway, I'll head inside first. May titignan lang ako" Agad akong tumingin kay mom nang magpaalam siya. She fixed herself and looked at her daughter. "Vienna, accompany your ate Abrianna"