forty eight

~*~*~

~*~*~

"c'mon, you can do this."

~*~*~

quidditch captain, head boy, chess extraordinaire, freakishly intelligent, handsome, confident, there were a lot of ways to describe regulus black. however, he was never really a leader as such, sure he was quidditch captain but he new a lot about quidditch and so he was able to guide his team to victory. but, when he volunteered himself to voldemort to be one of the leaders on this mission, he laughed and put lucius malfoy in that position rather than him.

it angered him, but he said nothing, knowing better than to go against his word. he looked to his cousin, bellatrix, who shrugged and followed voldemort's orders blind. regulus was put in lucius' group, tonight, voldemort had given his death eaters clear instructions to go into two separate homes which had suspect order of the phoenix members in it.

the order of the phoenix was a secret society, not so secret to the death eaters now, which dumbledore had put together with his most trusty hogwarts alumni who were trained in the auror profession.  voldemort's plan was to get rid of them from the start, so more people feared joining or accepted being recruited. voldemort laughed as he spoke about dumbledore putting people in their twenties and late teens into these life threatening situations while he sat up in his office quite safe. sometimes voldemort did the same, but he enjoyed these tasks, he liked scaring people which creeped regulus out like you wouldn't believe. however, he wasn't joining them tonight.

there were two groups for the two supposed locations, how he got this information, regulus didn't know. lucius as one leader and bellatrix as the other, both regulus and barty were in lucius' group, along with crabbe, goyle and nott. whereas snape, mulciber, and a number of other death eaters were in bellatrix's. regulus looked to barty who nudged him excitedly, as if they were going on a day trip to which regulus rolled his eyes and pushed him away. he couldn't believe that, even outside of school, he was still stuck with barty.

regulus was still in school, it was currently the christmas break and so he had been attending death eater meetings practically every night. he ensured barty kept his mouth shut about the two of them behind death eaters, because if anyone would blab about it to sound cool or to scare people, it would be the moron next to regulus.

"regulus," said voldemort, he put a hand on his shoulder and leaned closer to him, "keep crouch in line, as you're the only one i think that will be able to do it."

"i will," nodded regulus, voldemort patted his shoulder and walked away behind the two boys, regulus felt barty shiver in fear as he did so.

there was one really cool thing that came with being a death eater, and that was flying. they could apparate of course, regulus was too young to take the exam but he'd taught himself over the summer holidays and he passed himself. however, it was cool to fly, with black smoke, as it looked, around him. he had to admit that to himself, it was cool.