Interesting Dreams You Have There, Snips

A/N: request by Alexis685! sorry for taking so long! Enjoy :)

***

2 am

Why, Anakin Skywalker grumbled to himself, was Ahsoka up at this time of night? A riveting discomfort shot across their shared Force bond, causing him to groan in misery while clutching at his head.

Yawning profusely, the bleary-eyed Skywalker reluctantly swung his legs out from underneath his covers.

Creak, crack went the mattress springs.

Well kriff.

As he stood up, Anakin widened his senses, tiptoeing across the room silently to check up on Ahsoka.

Crick, crrkk.

He winced. Togrutas, he learned from experience, could be very light sleepers. With her montrals and Force sensitivity, Ahsoka would be able to pick up any slight disturbances and jolt awake.

Anakin paused, barely making any sound with his breathing as he waited intensely before daring to take his next step.

Rested his hand on the aluminum doorknob, he turning it quietly, and slipped into the room. Just as he crossed the threshold, Anakin made sure to conceal his presence as to not disturb his sleeping apprentice.

He pondered his next move, swearing was going to get to the bottom of it. Skywalker considered the possibility of a nightmare.

No, he decided, you're supposed to feel nervous, and perhaps even frightened. Not discomfort.

The further he walked into his Padawan's room, however, the darker the environment became. Anakin's skin tingled as a cold sensation ran up his spine, making him shudder in apprehension.

Why?

Ahsoka's room was dark. No ray of light whatsoever was able to filter in and her blinds were completely shut. There was not a single beam of moonlight slipping underneath her curtains. No holo-pad screen constantly turned on and off constantly from her social media notifications. Anakin didn't understand why she put so much effort into sleeping in a pitch-black room; he never did. It gave him chills.

He treaded forward carefully, making sure not to step on anything that would wake his sleeping apprentice up. He knew Ahsoka didn't usually get a good night's rest, for the gory scenes in battle left her scarred.

Just as his left foot was about to hit the floor, a hard — thing — comes crashing down upon his head, as hard, plastic-like bristles landed in his mouth. The bewildered expression Anakin wore would be laughed at for ages by both Jedi and Clones alike.

"M'ster? A'gog?" A groggy voice asked. "Is that you?"

Anakin couldn't restrain his confusion.

What had just happened?

"Yeah, Snips," he replied hesitantly, "it is me." However, he didn't know what his Padawan meant by "A'gog". He wasn't even sure if he'd heard her correctly; it sounded like more of a tired grunt than a word of some sort.

A resounding THUD bounced across was heard as something heavy hit the wall. The lights flickered on, and Anakin let his face fall into his palm. That THUD, apparently, was Ahsoka's hand violently slapping the light switch.

"I honestly doubt that you need to murder the poor light switch," he muttered, more to himself than her. But as the sleep-deprived Skywalker observed his Padawan, he nearly jumped out of his body.

Who sleeps with a broomstick in their hand?!

"Explanation," Anakin demanded, "now."

"What about?"

"Why are you sleeping with a broomstick in hand?"

Ahsoka hesitated, yet soon, an embarrassed blush tinted her cheeks.

"Ah... well you see, Master, I rather... dislike spiders.

Skywalker cocked an eyebrow. Continue, he seemed to say.

"I sensed you coming in. Your Force presence is very strong and you didn't conceal it before walking into my room-"

Ahsoka snickered at Anakin's outraged expression.

"How am I supposed to conceal my presence while I'm-"

"Not that I blame you-"

"Continue."

"Dreams are confusing," Ahsoka said, doing as told. "I dreamt about spiders." A visible shiver shook her body. "I hate them. And for some reason, I didn't sense your presence as you, Anakin Skywalker. Instead, you were a huge, multi-eyed hairy spider by the name of Aragog."

So that's what she meant.

"Interesting," he mused. Anakin understood perfectly her fear of spiders; he was the same- with sand. A grimace found its way onto his face as he remembered snippets of his past with the coarse, rough, and irritating substance.

Yet he shook the feeling of disgust away as he sat down on Ahsoka's bed. Leaning his head against her shoulder and wrapping an arm across her waist, he said simply, "I understand."

***

ALEXIS I FINALLY WROTE THIS! I GOT THE MOTIVATION TO REWRITE IT AGAIN AFTER WP DELETED MY ORIGINAL COPY. I hope you liked it!!