𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓: 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐄

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓: 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐄

"You'll never grow unless you are willing to change

"You'll never grow unless you are willing to change..."

SIX MONTHS AGO
JANUARY 10th, 2007:

ERIS LEWIS FELT LIKE SHE HAD BEEN FALLING FOR DAYS.

She had lost track of time. How many days had it been? Minutes? Seconds? Had days even passed was it even the same day?

Eris didn't know.

The only sound that filled her ears was the sound of wind whirling. Sound was the only sense of her's that was working. She couldn't see anything, couldn't touch anything, couldn't taste anything. The longer she fell the closer she felt like being hovered above the world's hottest fire.

    The eyes felt painfully dry. Her tears had ran out what felt like hours ago.

    What had she done to deserve this? What did the fates curse her?

     Eris had thought only bad people had this much bad luck. Maybe she was a bad person?

And now she was dying. She had given up her fight to live a long time ago.

    It's not like she had anything to live for.

Eris just hoped her death would be quick and painless. She knew she would die on impact.

She hoped someone would tell her friends. She didn't want them to be confused when she never came back to camp. They would probably be sad if they actually cared about her like they told them.

She hoped Percy wouldn't be upset for too long. He was her first friend, she would hate for him to be sad. She didn't like it when people were upset.

   The darkness started to form into a grey-red tinge, the sound of hair filling her ears only became louder. The chute she had been falling into turned into a cavern.

     Eris Lewis landed with a loud sickening CRACK.