𝙸𝙸.

TOM WATCHED NAGINI AS SHE SLEPT PEACEFULLY. A few years had passed after the brutal murder of the Warrington's. Tom had threw their bodies into the ocean and had to lie about where they were.

Ever since then, Nagini had always complied to his orders. She wasn't scared, she didn't know how to feel. Overall, everything felt numb to her. Tom would do things to make her smile but the feeling never lasted for long.

After a while he woke her up like always and helped her get ready for the day.
They sat at their tree, quietly reading like every other day. 

   "Thomas?" Nagini thought it was time. She didn't like keeping secrets from him but when it's this big she had no choice.

   "Yes, Nagini."

    "I'm nearing my eleventh birthday soon." How would she tell him? 

   "I am very well aware of that fact. Is there something you're trying to imply here?" He looked away from his book and gazed up to her. The shade of the tree made her look mysterious form afar. Something Tom liked about her appearance.
    "Mrs. Cole gave me a letter about a month ago. She said it was from my family."

   Tom stood up. A harsh glare presenting itself. "Why am I just now being informed of this Nagini." His knuckles turned white as he tightened his grip on the closed book he held.
   "Ms. Wools gave it to me while you were in the shower. She said to open it before my birthday."

   "We've talked about keeping secrets from each other. What did the letter say." As much as he was angry, he was also curious as to why she received a letter from her family.
   Her family served as a threat to him. They are the only ones that could actually take Nagini away. Obviously Nagini came from a wealthy family, and that meant that they would have to trouble getting her back.

   "It had stated that I will be receiving a letter from a wizarding school soon. They said to accept the one named 'Hogwarts'." Saying it aloud sure made it sound unrealistic, but Tom and Nagini knew that they weren't normal. Theres no way they were the only ones like this. There has to more.
  "No."

  "I do not comprehend? What do you mean by 'no'?"

"It means you won't be going. I'm not letting you leave alone it's dangerous." Tom new it wasn't dangerous at all. Especially for a girl like Nagini, but he couldn't stand the thought of her leaving his sight.
They could try and break his little doll. The doll he had spent years perfecting and molding into the right shape.
"But Tom it's the first letter my family has ever sent me. What if- what if this is my only chance of seeing them?"

His Nagini never stood against him. She never kept secrets let alone try to leave. It's all because of the stupid letter. It's her family trying to tear them apart. His Nagini would never think about leaving.
Angrily he walked right up to her, unconsciously wrapping vines around her to keep her in place. "Your not going Nagini. Can't you see their trying to tear you away?"

The vines wrapped tightly around her as if it was a snake preparing its next meal.

She could feel the bones of her ribcage on the urge of breaking.

   Tears settled on the corner of her eyes for the first time in a while.
Seeing this Tom quickly let her go. Seeing her drop down to her floor and hug her torso made him feel a certain way. He felt guilt for hurting her, but as the thought of her leaving entered his mind he swept it away and resorted to a gentle way of manipulation.

"Shh, it's okay. I lost control for a second. It's just the thought of you leaving me alone here upsets me. I would never leave you, yet your so desperate to go away and meet the family that abandoned you. Can't you see only I truly care about you?" He pulled her head onto his lap and stroked her hair back gently.

Guilt creeped up Nagini's throat. He was right. Of course he was right he always is. Tom has never failed to keep her company and all of a sudden she wants to leave? No, no she couldn't. If Tom can't come with then she won't go.
"I-I'll listen to you and stay. Your right, my family has no right taking me away from you."

  Tom had a faint smile hearing this. She had complied and he was happy she did.
"Now you get it, let's get you to the room so I can check if I accidentally bruised you."

  Nagini simply nodded as he carried her on his back. Her dull eyes grazing upon the sea. How the birds flew across the sky and into the horizon. How relaxing it must feel to fly.
  Finally reaching the room, Tom laid her on her bed softly. It seems like during their short walk she had fallen asleep. Letting out a sigh he walked out the room to find ice knowing well that he had bruised her.

   Unfortunately on his way down he was stopped by Mrs. Cole who had informed him about a professor wanting to speak with him. Knowing he had time he agreed and led him to an unoccupied room.

  He had suspicions about the man named "Dumbledore" but was convinced otherwise. He recognized the name of the school he had mentioned and how much Nagini wanted to attend. If he agreed to go it would make her happy.

   "I'll go."

   "Excellent! Now, I'm also in charge of talking to a girl by the last name Black here. Do you know where I might find her?" Tom knew Nagini was asleep and if he woke her up then she would be to grumpy to talk. So he resorted to telling her the news after.
   "She's not available at the moment but we share a room. I wouldn't mind giving her the letter."

   "I suppose it'll do. I expect to see you two next month to go buy your supplies. Your money will be handled by a student fund which we will discuss later on, as well as Ms. Black's money." Handing him the letters he smiled and walked out.

   As Dumbledore was ready to step out he was stopped by Tom. Curious he looked down at the boy who seemed upset.
   "If you wouldn't mind, could I have some of those candies for Nagini." Tom really hated asking for such things but he knew how much she loved them.

  Smiling, the old professor dug into his pockets and pulled out a couple caramel candies. "I hope she enjoys them well
Mr. Riddle." Giving one last smile he walked out and vanished into the soft salty breeze.
  Getting the ice, Tom walked to the room to find Nagini peacefully asleep with the sun rays adorning her pale features and shiny black hair. He set the candies on the shelve and worked on changing her into better clothing. Respecting her body he simply stripped her to her final gown which covered her undergarments, as well as taking off her Mary Janes.

  He couldn't wait to tell her the news. Maybe this time she'll give him a big smile. A smile just for him.

(I just want to address and and remind everyone that Tom riddle can not feel love. In this story he is merely feeling emotions such as obsession, desire, and happiness but no love. More details will be presented as the story progresses.)