Chapter 21

"Hi." I look to my left to see a blue-eyed, dark-haired girl. "My name's Emma." She slung her backpack off her shoulder, threw it to the ground and slid into the seat next to me.

"I'm Hazel." I gave her a smile before looking towards the front of the class.

"Here." She whispered, while slipping me a piece of paper.

I carefully unfolded the paper, making sure the teacher wouldn't see or hear. It read, wanna come over to my house after school?

I stared down the paper in shock, for I hadn't expected to make any friends at this school. My parents wanted a little change so when we moved, I had to leave all my friends behind, and start at a new high school.

I looked over to see that Emma had risen an eyebrow, and then I realized I was taking too long to answer.

"Yeah." I whispered.

She gave me a huge smile before returning her attention to our teacher at the front of the class. For the rest of that day, I had clung to that small piece of paper and thought, maybe living here won't be so bad.

* * *

"Emma."

Josh dragged her forward and deeper into the room, she let out a terrified little squeak once she saw the corner filled with dead bodies. Before Josh threw her down to the ground, he took her gag out. She fell down on my other side, so now I was in the middle, but it also meant she was closest to the little girl's body and the girl's brain splatter.

Emma saw the girl's body and jumped back, bumping into me. Fresh tears started their journey down her face, so I took her hand, hoping I was being reassuring. After throwing Emma down, Josh had walked over to Black ski mask to talk in whispers.

"It's going to be ok." I whispered to Emma. "We're going to get out of here." She went to go look at all the dead bodies. "Just don't look at them, it's going to be ok." I then leaned close to her ear, making sure the other people wouldn't hear. "I have a knife in my back pocket."

She tried her best to stop crying, and nodded.

I turned back to all the masked people, with determination in my eyes, but everything definitely got ten times worse. How was I gonna get Kyle, the little boy, and now Emma out?

Black ski mask took a step towards us after finishing whatever they were talking about. "Ok so now there are four of you left. We were..." After hearing the 'were' Josh cocked his head to the side in confusion. "... going to get you four to kill two of you and two of you get to leave, but then I realized that would be quite boring so..." Black ski mask took his gun out of the waistband of his pants. "You're going to join them." he pointed his gun at Josh. "Go."

Josh looked quite taken aback, as he took his mask off and joined us along the wall. I would have felt quite sad for Josh, if he hadn't done what he did.

Black ski mask looked way too pleased with himself as he said. "Only three of you get to survive. Hazel and Kyle get to decide who dies." I was slightly confused how he knew my name, but then I realized Josh must have told him. Black ski mask saw the confusion flash across my face and then continued. "I know about the knives you guys have."