chapter twenty eight

<thursday march 18 2021 9:31 PM>

tommy opens the door for you and you flash him a smile in return as you enter a cafe with fairy lights twinkling throughout the room, the smell of coffee inviting you in. a few couples are seated throughout the small cafe, the street lights shining through the windows

"come sit over here guys," george motions over to a cozy booth in the corner. "wilbur and i will order for you guys and be right back."

you slide into the booth first, tommy immediately following and pulling out his phone. "do you want to see the footage i got for the vlog?"

"show me!" you shout just a little bit too loud for a crammed coffee shop, which sends your cheeks into a scarlet state as tommy laughs at you even louder than your outburst. george and will shoot you two a look from across the shop, their glaring eyes making it even harder not to laugh.

tommy opens his camera roll and starts playing the consecutive videos, walking you through your adventurous day. in the afternoon, after you had reconciled with tommy, you headed to an arcade for a little while, but spent most of your day running around london because tommy wanted to meet KSI. after you left, the four of you took a ferry back to where you came from and wilbur showed you around where he used to live. you all took a bus and made it to this cafe you're sitting in, tommy now swiping out of his camera roll.

"whatcha think?" tommy asks with expectant eyes, awaiting your opinion.

"i love it."

will and george approach the booth with hot chocolates in their hands, quickly placing the hot beverages on the table, and sliding into the bench across from you and tommy.

"enjoy," wilbur says, taking a big gulp out of his drink.

you drink, sit, and chat with your friends, your head softly resting on tommy's shoulder. george gets up from the booth to throw out everyone's garbage when you realize you have multiple texts and missed calls from your dad. tommy begins to get up but you grab his arm and hold up your hand to him, telling him to wait as you put your phone up to your ear.

"hello?" you say once the phone stops ringing.

"y/n! i thought something happened to you!" your dad's voice comes through the other side of the phone.

"i'm sorry, i wasn't on my phone. i'm okay though." a pang of guilt hits you for not noticing your dad's messages earlier. "is everything alright?"

"um..." the line goes silent for a bit.

"dad? are you still there?"

george and wilbur are standing in front of the table, sending you concerned looks.

"everything okay?" tommy whispers and you shrug as you hear shuffling on the other line.

"i was going to wait to tell you this until you got home, but it's too urgent to wait so i might as well tell you now." your dad clears his throat and it sends shivers down your spine. tommy sees you shudder and places a comforting hand on your thigh, and you place your free hand on top of his.

"honey, i know this might be a bit much handle over the phone but..."

your heart pounces in your chest, you hold onto tommy's hand so tightly that he moves his arm around your shoulder instead, holding you close.

"what, dad?"

"we're moving."

"what?! where?"

how does he expect me to leave everything at home?

"...um. to england-"

"WHAT!" you leap out of tommy's hold, excitement coursing through your body at a rapid rate, your shout earns you stares from people around the coffee shop but you don't care because nothing could replace this feeling of complete and total happiness.

"i'll tell you more when you get home, i know it's a lot to take in but-"

"oh... my... god..." visions of you and tommy swirl through your head like a movie, the possibilities now endless that you are going to live in the same country. no long distance. you and tommy are going to work out. you feel it in your bones.

"sweetie, are you okay?"

"perfect. can we talk more when i come back?" you urge tommy to get out of the booth, a puzzled look on his face as he quickly moves out of the seat. still holding the phone to your ear, you swat your hands at george, wilbur, and tommy out of the cafe and without objection they follow, the four of you now standing in the shadow of the streetlight above.

"okay sounds g-"

you hang up and shove your phone into the pocket of tommy's hoodie that you're wearing. the three others stare at you, awaiting some sort of explanation for your outburst of reactions.

tommy begins, "y/n what's going on-"

"i'm moving to england."

tommy's jaw drops to the floor, his excitement clearly visible in his shining blue eyes. he grabs your hand and you blindly oblige, he pulls you into the middle of the empty street under the traffic lights. he picks you up and spins you over and over, holding your face in his hands and pulling you in for a kiss. this kiss is special, but not as special as the many more that are to come, all the memories and possibilities lying ahead of you, welcoming you home.

you stand there with tommy in his embrace in the empty road, the only light coming from the streetlights above and the reflection of the moon. the sound of engines roaring a few streets over, the occasional laugh filling the air.

you finally got all you ever wanted, all you ever needed.

finally, you got tommy.

a/n: and that fellas, is the end of this book. this was the first book i've ever published anywhere and i hope you enjoyed the story. i may write a dream and george story in the future but i'm not super sure. thank you so, so, so, so much for reading and i hope you are all doing well <3