6

Harry Styles

I had to be fucking hallucinating.

There was no way Cleo Horan was standing right in front of me right now. No way she was the one in a red dress that I'd caught checking me out in the front yard just ten minutes ago. And I refused to believe she was also the girl that caught my attention and had me staring for too long when she made her way inside the mansion.

I didn't recognize her... her blonde hair was tied up in a bun and the mask made it hard for me to tell. Plus, I had to admit I got a little too distracted by the way the silk fabric was hugging her curves perfectly.

But now that I knew who she was, there was no fucking way this was happening, it was a terrible nightmare.

My dreadful mood because of my call with my father didn't contribute to the rage bottled inside me as I kept trying to convince myself I was seeing things.

She was a trigger.

I came to this auction tonight simply to represent my father and my last name, maybe buy some shit, but that was all because I had zero patience for old people. And then dear dad called me because he heard about Hugo and Aaron, and he decided it was a nice time to scold me as if I was eight years old. It wasn't my fucking fault that his friends were careless and ignorant, so what if they were dead or missing?

But losing my temper with him in public was a huge no in an event like this. So to avoid trouble, I'd made my way into this hallway because it was the only door I quickly found after I walked into the auction room.

I was hoping for some privacy, which was why I stupidly removed my mask because I felt like I was suffocating with that on my face and I was fuming already.

And now I was looking at the only thing that could make me snap, given I was close to my breaking point.

However, I didn't bring a weapon, and seeing her right in front of me was the chance I'd wished I had to finish what I couldn't all those previous times... and when I lowered my eyes to the swell of her full breasts, I could clearly see the scar from when I'd tried to shoot her in the heart two years ago.

I didn't need a gun now, I could be very quick and she wouldn't be able to stop me because I was much stronger.

She was going to die tonight and I'd make it quick, sadly. But I could get out of this with my hands clean and her family wouldn't even know it was me, this was my perfect chance. After all, it was a masquerade and we were alone in this very silent hallway.

No one had to know, I was okay with it... I'd been waiting for this for so long now.

She picked the wrong night to run into me.

But she honestly caught me off guard when she suddenly reached for something on her ankle, and that's when I noticed the knife on her hand as she rushed towards me.

Of fucking course she would be armed, what a fucking fantastic thing.

She was much faster than I remembered though, I'd give her that. And before I could stop her, the sharp blade cut my arm right when I tried to shield myself, too stunned at first.

The pain was enough to force me out of my thoughts and I was quick to dodge her next blow, but avoiding her hand with the knife didn't protect me from the way she punched my face with the other, the ring she had on left a deep cut on my cheekbone and I could feel the blood streaming down my face.

I'd forgotten she had both dominant hands, fuck me.

I recovered right before she could bring her knee up to hit me in the stomach, tasting the blood in my mouth from when I'd bitten my lower lip when she punched me, knowing I'd have a very ugly bruise on my face because of her unexpected strength.