9

Cleo Horan

Cleo Horan

"Don't move, I'm not done yet." June scolded me when I opened my eyes, and she was still doing my makeup.

I told her I didn't want anything extravagant, I just needed to blend in and seem like a stripper, and the outfit I'd picked was more than enough to achieve my goal.

Of course she needed to apply some extra concealer under my eyes, because I'd barely slept these past days and my excuse was that I was doing my research and planning my schedule for this new job, but the truth was that I'd been thinking of a plan to get to Harry and he was on my mind way more than I wanted to admit.

I tried to recreate our encounter several times to see if there was something about his behavior that I'd missed, but it was pointless. He was being a pain in the ass and distracting me from my job, but tonight I'd get some shit done and finally strike out my first target. I wanted to be able to solely focus on him after I was done, it was the only way I'd get those green eyes off my mind.

The plan for tonight was simple: I'd walk into the specific club through the backdoor and June's friend would be waiting for me. It was a Sunday night and Mark was supposed to be there on the strip side of the establishment, he always spent some time with his favorite dancer in one of the VIP secret rooms. But she wouldn't be expecting him tonight... I'd be there.

June had no idea I was going there to kill someone, she was innocently helping me and assuming I'd go interrogate poor Mark because my mother asked.

Well, I hadn't seen my mother since that last time at Eroda and I was afraid that if she saw me, she'd be able to tell something was bothering me, and there was no way she could suspect Harry. I knew I was lucky at the auction, but my mom wouldn't understand my need to put an end to this. She wouldn't trust me to be careful.

But I was doing my job and being responsible too, there wasn't a reason for her to worry. I'd get shit done so the money would be in the bank account at the end, that's all that mattered.

"That's enough makeup, I'm only gonna be there a few hours." I huffed, grabbing her wrists to push her away as carefully as I could.

I looked at myself in the mirror and I was surprised when I didn't see any black eyeshadow or something too much, the makeup was light and natural, with enough highlighter to make my cheekbones seem more prominent and my eyes looked almost grey with the thin eyeliner. Yes, she did a good job.

"You need to learn how to trust people." She chuckled under her breath, tucking her black hair behind her ear as she admired her work.

"I can't." I shrugged, standing up from the stool I'd dragged from the kitchen so I could be at the perfect height for her to help me. "This looks perfect, thank you."

"Will you tell me where those bruises around your neck came from? They were hard to hide and they look painful." Her words caught me off guard and I cleared my throat, walking closer to my bed so I could grab my stockings to put them on.