32: Calm Down, Little Aeiou.

The next morning, Aeiou was awaken by a sudden jolt.

"There's someone calling on my phone." Philip shook Aeiou's shoulder.

Scratching his eyes open, Aeiou saw the sky outside was still dark. He plastered his face on his pillow and snored, feigning ignorance to his father.

"Don't go back to sleep, it's a girl."

Hearing that, Aeiou's eyes widened. There could only be one girl to call Philip and ask for Philip to give Aeiou the phone. Tori! She fucking traced my father's number! Persistent as always!

Aeiou sat up and took Philip's phone. He walked out of his room and ran outside the house. His gait was broad and quick, enough for him to reach the light post across the street in five seconds. 

Looking at the phone's screen, Aeiou squinted. It was an unknown number. Aeiou was the one who organized Philip's contact list and Philip never give his number to someone he wasn't acquainted with. To be specific, unknown numbers would only come from others who Philip didn't know. So Aeiou's conclusion was right, after months, Tori was calling him again.

This insolent pest!  

With an annoyed expression, Aeiou paste the phone to his ears and clicked answer. "How many times do I...?"

"Aeiou?" A sweet and small voice came out of the receiver. 

"H-Heather?" Aeiou checked the number again. "How did you...?"

"You used my phone to call your father before, right? Is it okay for me to call?"

Since Aeiou didn't have a sim, Heather and him didn't have each other's number yet.

With a sigh of relief, Aeiou leaned his naked back to the post. He held onto the bridge of his nose and tried to willed the drowsiness off his head. "Yeah, it's totally fine. I thought you were someone else, I'm sorry." 

Aeiou gazed on the display of the phone, it was 5:48 am. 

"Did I... bother your sleep?" Heather asked apologetically.

Aeiou then started to walk back to the house. He sat his bum on the porch and said, "No, not really. But why did you call me this early?"

"Um... Do you have anyone to visit today?"

"Visit?"

"Yeah. It's All Soul's Day. November 1."

Hearing that, Aeiou slapped his cheek and sighed. He already lost his awareness to time due. But if it's All soul's day today, then it's holiday, and Aeiou will finally have a day to rest! "Thank God you called, I could have gone to school without knowing it's holiday."

"You seem to like going to school. Is there someone you want to see? I'm joking. Do you have someone to visit on the cemetery?" Heather asked again.

"I have my relatives' grave on the province and my father looks like he's going to open the eatery, so maybe I'll help the whole day."

"Oh okay, I was actually going to ask you if you can come to visit my father today. My mom was on a trip and Angeline was also visiting his grandparents, but no worries I can go by myself."

Upon hearing Heather's plead, Aeiou had a sudden swept within his heart. "Your father is buried here in the Philippines?"

"I requested my stepfather to help me move his remains here. He did."

Aeiou turned his head to his door and saw that Philip's figure was gone. Aeiou brought his eyes back to the sky and the dark blue sky with its stars was somehow drawing Philip's face.