98

Carter's POV

"Jax?" Andrew asked the second he opened the door. "What happened to your face?" I have to resist the urge to roll my eyes.

"Not Jax," I say for what feels like the millionth time today as I turn around and began to walk away towards the main office. "I have to tell Mary something, you can come if you want."

Andrew follows me without question, leaving us to walk in mostly silence. At least, it was quiet for about three seconds before Andrew began talking like always. I honestly don't think this guy knows how to shut up.

He doesn't.

I can't help but bite back a smile now that Jax has said something.

"Did something happen to Jax?"

"Kinda but it was also kind of his fault so don't feel too bad about it." Andrew looked like he wanted to question that some more but chose to move anyway.

"How long have you been up front?"

"Since about 10 last night I guess. I didn't exactly look at a clock before I fronted."

"Right, sorry."

I ignore him until the main office comes into view. I stop walking immediately but it takes Andrew a few seconds to notice it.

"What's wrong?"

"Do they know about me? Mary and Patrick I mean."

"No, I'm not required to tell them anything unless either of you plan to hurt yourself or others." I frown at that. It would have almost made things easier if he had told them. Figures, the one time you need him to run his mouth, he doesn't do it.

Tell me what you want Jax. I can either mask for you or I can just tell them everything. Or if you want you can go ahead and take up front and tell them yourself.

I wait for him to answer. Andrew is still staring at me confusingly but wisely doesn't rush anything. After a bit longer I start to think Jax isn't going to answer at all until his thoughts invade mine.

I don't know.

Okay well I don't want to rush you or anything but we are literally on the doorstep and your therapist is looking at us like we are insane.

I don't want Patrick to know.

Okay so either I mask and hope he can't see through it or you come out. At least that got rid of one option.

"Are you okay," Andrew asked again, to which I only give him a look that said shut the fuck up.

Would you hate it if I told them?

I would actually prefer for you to do it but I am willing to do it for you if you need me to.

Jax's anxiety filled sigh bounced around my head as my vision got blurry but this time I don't fight it. I allow my eyes to close as I fall back into our mind.

The next thing I know I sitting back on our couch, which was black for some reason. Jax must have done some redecorating without meaning to.

I force down a sigh as I settle myself in on the couch as I watch Jax's movements, still ready to jump in at any time in case he backs out.

Jax's POV

The first thing I noticed when I took back over was the constant dull ache that covered my entire body.

The second thing I noticed was Andrew staring at me with a stupid expression on his face.

"Stop making ugly faces your face will get stuck like that," I grumbled out as I began walking towards the office again. "I guess that could be an upgrade your case though," I say, trying to sound playful but I'm not sure if it actually worked so I threw in a quick smirk before walking into the office, not caring to wait for Andrew to catch up.