14

Zayn Malik

Shit.

I should've known this would end up happening sooner or later, but I really tried to fool myself into thinking it was safe.

Well, It'd been two months since I started picking up June and driving her home, or taking her to my place, and not once I had run into anyone from the Horan family.

I didn't hang out around Eroda, I mean, I parked my car and waited for June, that was all. I was more than careful.

The first time I met her it wasn't even anywhere close to here, there was this party downtown and we danced together and ended up fucking, but turns out she wasn't simply a one night stand and we'd been fucking ever since... but just now we decided to make things official and try to date.

June was the smartest and kindest woman I'd ever met, and I really liked her. We connected instantly the second we met, and when she told me she worked as a dancer I never imagined it could be in the only club I shouldn't go in.

I wasn't a Styles, I knew the truce didn't involve me or anything like that, but Harry was my best friend and if I was seen inside Eroda then shit wouldn't be pretty.

Fuck, being parked outside was already risky but I had to spend time with my girl.

June's schedule was very busy, she had classes and she took them very seriously, plus she danced five times a week and I knew she needed to focus on resting and sleeping so she could get her doctorate degree.

So these little moments when I could pick her up were pretty special to me, even though Harry would probably shoot me if he knew where I was.

But now I was staring into wide blue eyes, completely shocked that Cleo Horan herself was June's friend and she was standing right in front of me.

I never expected her to hang out at the club or befriend the dancers, I assumed she was like Harry and simply isolated herself from her family businesses. Harry didn't spend much time at the tattoo parlor, only when something important was happening or when he was fucking the receptionist.

But I only knew Cleo from the rumors I'd heard and from what Harry told me. And I had never seen her before that night at the club, so it took me three seconds to recognize who she was. First, because she was actually dressed and not only wearing lingerie, and second because i just had to be hallucinating.

This was the worst timing ever to run into her, considering Harry was obsessed with killing her and she was obsessed with stabbing him, and I sure as fuck didn't want to be dragged into that.

It was their families' problem, not mine. Just because I was Harry's friend her it didn't mean I hated the girl to the point I wanted to kill her, but I understood Harry's motives her and I sure as fuck didn't trust the Horans.

Was I stupid for continuing to see June even after I found out where she worked? Very much.

But unlike Harry, I actually tried to have control over my own life without allowing petty rivalries to interfere.

Guess that didn't work out for me.

"Oh, shit. I forgot my phone in my dressing room. I'll be right back, babe." June's voice made me snap out of my thoughts and I put out my cigarette, turning to give her a smile that I hoped was good enough to fool her. "You can get to know each other, Cleo is like, incredible."

June chuckled, planting a soft kiss on my cheek before she walked back towards the club ... leaving me alone with Cleo.

She was squinting at me, grabbing her helmet with one hand and I just had to stay prepared in case she decided to hit me with it. But now, instead, she walked closer to my car, checking my license plates and then my tinted windows.