Chapter 49 - The Talk

Kara helps Lena out of bed, putting an arm round the woman she loves, just wanting to make sure that she is stable and isn't going to fall over, or do any sudden movements that could reaggravate her wound. Lena for her part feels absolutely fine to be able to walk the short distance from the bedroom to the kitchen/living room in Kara's apartment, but she likes Kara putting her arm around her to help her, so she just doesn't say anything. The two women then arrive in the kitchen/living room area, and Kara guides Lena down onto the couch, thinking the chairs by the kitchen might be a bit uncomfortable; Kara just wants the brunette to be as comfortable as possible.

"Okay." Kara smiles, "What would you like for lunch Lee?"

Lena bites her lip, realising this is the first time that Kara has called her by her pet name since they broke up almost a month ago. It fills Lena with so much relief to hear Kara call her that name again.

"Whatever you'd prefer darling." Lena smiles, widely.

Kara smiles back at Lena.

"Well... I would suggest we order something in, but we are probably going to do that for game night this evening, so it might be more healthy if we just have some food I have here." Kara suggests.

"Kara Danvers eating healthy? Who are you and what have you done with my... uhmm... girlfriend..." Lena says, stumbling over the last word of her sentence, because as they haven't talked about it, Lena isn't sure as to how to label them.

Lena blushes out of awkwardness and embarrassment, profusely.

Kara notices Lena's awkward demeanour upon being unsure whether to call Kara her girlfriend or not, so she quickly makes her way back over to Lena in the living room, crouching down and taking Lena's hands in her own.

"Lee, I know we still need to talk and everything. But you don't need to worry. I still want you to be my girlfriend.... more than anything...." Kara says, and then pauses, "If you still want that too of course.."

Lena's awkwardness immediately falls away, and she breaks out into a big smile of relief.

"Of course I still want that Kara." Lena says, quickly.

"Good." Kara says, with a thousand-watt smile.

The two women just remain in this moment for a few seconds, just looking into each other's eyes as they smile, not saying another word.

"Kiss me?" Lena asks, hesitantly.

Kara smiles at Lena again and takes Lena in for a tender and loving kiss. The kiss isn't too passionate or forceful, but that doesn't make it any much less amazing. Lena doesn't think that any kiss she gets from Kara could be anything other than amazing, no matter how brief it is, and luckily, Kara feels just the same about kisses from Lena.

The two part from their kiss and smile at each other once more.

"Anyway...." Kara says, with a cough, clearing her throat. "I mentioned eating something a bit healthier, rather than ordering in, because you are recovering from being hurt, so you need proper nutrition."

Lena chuckles at Kara's explanation.

"I think I will be fine, as long as I don't just decide to take up the unhealthy eating habits of a certain Kryptonian that I know." Lena smirks.

It is now Kara's turn to laugh.

"Fair enough." Kara smirks before standing up, "How about I make us some sandwiches then? I have some sliced beef or some chicken if you'd like. Then I also have some lettuce and tomatoes, and even some kale."

"Kale?" Lena asks, shocked Kara has the vegetable in her house, seeing as how much the blonde detests it.