14

Chapter 14 | Too Familiar

Usually, I loved visiting the flower shop. There's just something so serene and peaceful about flowers. I only really visited the flower shops to surround myself with flowers when I'm completely stressed. The whole Kim Hyun incident was making me more stressed than it should. Why? I had no idea. But something about this entire thing was making me feel like something bad was going to happen.

I mean, what is the chance that the person I sent to the hospital for nearly kidnapping two Hybrids was outside my apartment when Seunghee was freed from some sort of capture? It was too coincidental. And I didn't like it.

But the whole Kim Hyun incident wasn't the only thing that was driving me up the wall.

I let out a frustrated sigh and turned around. Crossing my arms in front of my chest, I cleared my throat. "How much longer are you going to follow me for?"

There was silence. Then low whispers. Too low for me to understand what they were saying.

From behind the wall that was separating the two areas of the flower shop, Namjoon peeked out with a sheepish smile on his face. He scratched the back of his neck as he came out looking apologetic.

"See, I told you she knew we were following her," another voice said in a slightly bored tone.

It belonged to Yoongi, the Panther Hybrid, that I met a few days ago when I caught Jimin following me on my day-to-day activities. Ever since I went to Jimin and Namjoon to tell them about Kim Hyun. They told me it was for protection. That I might become a target, so their pack was going to make sure that I was kept safe.

If I'm being completely honest, I didn't know how I felt about having this 'protection detail'. On one hand, I understand that because although they didn't outwardly tell me that the case was big, I could tell that I was. And since they don't want to take any risks, it made sense why they wanted to protect a witness and the person who nearly killed one of the main suspects. But on the other hand, my god. I've nearly killed a person. I could probably protect myself better than the other victims. It was getting a bit frustrating and tiring, having someone follow me around like a stalker.

"I just think that it'll be safer for you to have someone to protect you," Namjoon said with a sigh.

"Oppa, I nearly killed him once. He's not going to do anything to me," I said with a small sigh. I couldn't really get mad at Namjoon since I knew that his heart was at the right place.

"Yeah, but we worry about you," Namjoon said giving me an apologetic look.

"We all do," Yoongi added on. I looked at him with a confused look. Seeing my confusion, he continued, "Namjoon-ie and Jimin-ie care about you a lot, you seemed to have passed Taehyung-ie's vibe check or whatever he calls it, you helped Seokjin-ie hyung, your brother is like a mentor to Jungkook-ie, and you saved Hoseok-ie. Our pack wants to help you. It's the least that we can do. Especially if we hear that you might be in danger."

I sighed. There was no way for me to make them change their mind. There was going to be no point in arguing over the entire thing. "Fine. Come on then, you two can help me with some furniture shopping."

"Why do you need to go furniture shopping?" Namjoon asked with a big grin showing off his dimples, as he and Yoongi quickly took their spots on either side of me.

"It's a secret," I said with a smirk. "Did you find out anything about Kim Hyun?"

"No, did you?" Namjoon asked.

"No, you and Jimin-ie made me promise not to use hacking as a means, so I'm completely in the dark," I said giving Namjoon an annoyed look.

"How do you have all these connections?" Yoongi asked.

"I made a lot of friends inside prison. They are all in there for their special skill set," I said with a smile. "When we get out of prison, it's hard for us to make friends or get back into society, so we kind of rely on each other. I'm the fortunate one though. Hyojung unnie takes care of me and Minho oppa supports me. Besides the people I chose to get close to were those who were in for less serious crimes, like burglary or hacking."

"I see, were there a lot of Hybrids in the prison system?" Yoongi asked.

"Yeah, more Hybrids than Humans for sure. Most of them were in wrongfully, but since they were already tried, it's hard to get their sentences overturned," I said with a frown.

"Can I ask why you decided to become a vigilante?" Yoongi asked with a small chuckle as he spoke the word 'vigilante'.

"I didn't want to become a vigilante. When I see people treating other people terribly because of something so stupid, I see red, and I just kind of snap," I said with a shrug.

"You're pretty lax about the whole thing, aren't you?" Namjoon asked with a smile but shaking his head. I only shrug in response.

The rest of the day went by pretty well. Namjoon had to leave early because he had to go to work. I learned that Yoongi was a music producer and didn't have a set work schedule so he kept me company for the rest of the day. Surprisingly, I got along really well with the Panther Hybrid.

Like Namjoon, Yoongi had a very bright mind. He was calm in observing the situation in front of him and I had a feeling that I could trust him to give me good advice in life. We had such a good discussion, we decided to continue with our conversation at Seokjin's restaurant.

When we got close to the location. Yoongi and I stopped in our tracks. The feeling that I had when I came across Hoseok came back. I looked down the street, trying to listen to anything. Yoongi was sniffing the air. His eyes grew wide as I knew that something was wrong. We started running down the street, it seemed like he knew exactly where to go. He was faster than me, obviously, but I ran right behind him.

We turned a corner at the end of the block where Seokjin's restaurant was. As soon as I turned the corner, I couldn't help but glare at the sight in front of me.

There was another obviously bad guy van. Six men in masks, dressed in all black were attacking two Hybrids. Two Hybrids that looked all too familiar. Jungkook and Taehyung.

Yoongi didn't even bother to slow down. With a very dangerous and loud growl, he bolted towards the assailants to aid his mates.

This was all too familiar. I looked around looking for something sharp. Not finding anything. I saw a Leopard Hybrid holding a knife, heading towards Yoongi. I immediately ran forward. There was something telling me that I needed to do everything I could to help them. That feeling was much more intense than last time. I wasn't going to let any of them get injured or taken by these lowlives.

☆