Chapter 25

*Edited

Layla

Three months.

It's been three months since Landon had left, and here I was sitting at the edge of the cliff.

Our cliff.

I look over the city watching the cars glide through the traffic, while the lights reflect upon the city making it light up with ease.

Landon had only called me once, a couple of days after he left.

After that, I didn't hear from him again.

I close my eyes as the cool breeze comes by, effortlessly flowing through my skin and hair.

I breathe in the fresh air as my feet dangle from the cliff.

I open my eyes and immediately become aware of the person sitting beside me.

Knowing his smell by now, I automatically knew who it was.

He sits next to me, copying my actions.

I hear the faint noise of lighter being lit, then the smoke comes into view a few seconds later.

I turn my head slowly towards him.

My heart stupidly accelerates at the sight of him.

His black hair was dishevelled falling over his eyes and pale skin, his head was tilted back slightly looking upwards, while a cigarette hung from his lips.

He was wearing probably my favourite outfit I've ever seen on him, he was wearing black ripped jeans paired with a black tight fitted dress shirt with the first few buttons undone, revealing his olive flawless skin and silver chain. To match with it all he was wearing a long black peacoat on top.

Feeling my gaze on him he glanced down at me through hooded eyes and licked his lips.

I look away from him and return my gaze to the city.

"Layla." His deep voice rings out.

I ignore him trying my best not to break out of my 'mad' facade.

That goes out the fucking window when he lifts his hand to my chin and tilts my head towards him.

I keep my gaze down on the grass. 

"Look at me." His deep voice comes out demanding.

I slowly lift my gaze to his. 

His grey eyes were pale making them glow slightly under the few strands of hair falling in front of them.

His eyes bore into mine as his hand comes to my jaw, his fingers lingering along with it.

"What's wrong?" He asks me.

"It's been three months Landon," I whisper out keeping my gaze on his.

His eyes search mine keeping his face blank.