50

you were squeezing his hand so tight he woke up.

you were breathing heavily and you were curious as to why many people weren't panicking, a couple kids were but other than that this seemed fine to everyone.

"calm down, it's just turbulence. calm down." he said rubbing your hand, he could tell how scared you were so he put his arm around you.

"we have to stop because some people are stopping here but we aren't, we will get back on the plane and probably have one more stop until bora bora, so it's just landing turbulence." he said calmly so you wouldn't panic.

"o-ok, sorry. I mean- I'm sorry I didn't mean to wake you." you remember what atom said and tried to stop apologizing but it just came normally.

"it's ok, I shouldn't have been sleeping anyways."

"you can sleep, it's fine you don't need to watch me. and plus, I made a new friend!"

"wow um who?"

"his name is atom." you said and you could see the protectiveness all over his face.

"don't worry I promise we are just friends, he's like the best friend I was meant to meet."

"kara, you shouldn't be making friends, you probably won't even see him in a couple hours."

"we actu-"

"come on, let's go." he said interrupting you like he didn't really care what you were saying.

"oh, um ok."  you stood up and grabbed your bag.

you kept your neck pillow on your neck while you sat in the airport lobby.

"I'll go see what kind of food they have." Mattia said going over to the store.

you sat there playing a game on your ipad when you felt a presence coming towards you.

"kara?"

you looked up and saw atom.

"hey atom!" you said hugging him.

you sat back down and he sat next to you.

"so how did you take the turbulence?" he said laughing a bit.

"you suck for not telling me." you said playfully hitting him and laughing.

"I bet you thought you were going to die." he said laughing so hard he had to take a breath.

"haha very funny." you said not laughing but hiding your smile poorly.

"ok well I'm going to go before my family buys everyone food but me." he said standing up.

"bye, text me later!" you said waving.

-
-

Mattia soon came back with a Carmel iced latte and a warm soft bagel.

"this is all they had, that you would like." he said handing you the snack.

"thank you."

you guys waited in the airport for a couple of hours until your next flight was ready.

Mattia made you sit by the window this time but you were confused on why.

you shrugged it off and texted atom.

hey want to sneak to the back again?
his text read.