"Screw your boss."

I signed in relief when I finally entered in the house and took off my heels, carrying it in my hands. I am not going to climb those stairs in these heels. I have no mood of ending up in the hospital with a broken ankle. I was busy in my thoughts when I bumped into something hard. There is no wall here, it has to be Mr. Apathetic. I looked up and came face to face with him as I had expected.

"You need to stop halting while walking. I am not very keen on bumping into hard walls every other day, you know. It would be a great pleasure if you could travel without breaks. " I said sarcastically.

"I am going for some meeting to France tomorrow morning." Ace stated.

He technically ignored whatever I said.

"For how long would you be gone?" I asked because I am not very joyful with the fact that I would have to stay in this huge mansion alone for a long time.

"Don't know. Maybe 2 or 3 weeks." He said in a bored tone. And with that he left without waiting for my reply.

2 or 3 weeks? How am I gonna stay here in this whole house alone, with no other living creature except for the staff that comes in the morning. But on the brighter side I would be away from Mr. Apathetic. I could do whatever I want and he won't be there to force me to do anything. But alone in this house... I would have to think something to do.

I shook my head from all these thoughts and went to my room, changed and went into deep slumber.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

It has been more than 2 weeks since Ace left. I am happy that he is not here but to be honest I am getting bored. It's been a pretty monotonous routine that I have been following - wake up, go to the cafe, come back, shower, eat, read something in the library for 3 or more hours and then go to sleep. Then again the same the next day. The best thing is that I am getting to read so many books in the library.

The library is huge, it's like entering a whole new world filled with books and drowning into those books which is a pure bliss. Today also I have been reading since the last 4 hours and it's almost 2 am. Not wanting to wake up tomorrow with dark circles, I closed my book and went to bed.

I woke up next morning with my phone ringing. I groaned and answered it without seeing who it was.

"Hey chica! What's up? And where are you? Not coming to the cafe today?" Jess 's voice came from the other side.

"What? What is the time?" I asked groggily.

"It's 11am sweetheart. "She replied.

"What the hell?!" I sat up on my bed and saw that she was right. "Oh god. I am so sorry, I guess I overslept. I think I won't be coming today. Sorry. Could you just tell in there?"

"Yeah yeah sure. You also need some break. I will talk to you later okay?"

"Yeah okay, bye.".

I then cut the phone and went to sleep again. I am in no mood to get up, also no one is there. Ace is not here, I have given all the staff an off for as long as I am here. And I don't want someone else to do work because I like keeping the house clean. So not wanting to get bored I again fell on my bed.

.

.

.

.

I woke up around 3pm. Changed, freshened up, did all my business and now, here I am sitting on the kitchen counter staring aimlessly at the knife. I really need to do something. Now I was regretting taking a day off today, I would have been better working in the cafe.