Chapter 26

*Edited

*Edited

Layla

I sit in my seat in complete shock seeing the one person I truly couldn't stand.

I watch him closely as he makes his way over to our table with his two friends behind him.

Jared and Cole.

They were also not the very best of people, major players and always sticking by Jaylen's side like lost puppies.

He sends me a big grin and comes over to my side of the booth, sitting down and carelessly slinging his arm over my shoulder.

I glare at him and move over trying to distance myself from him.

"How've you been babe?" He says looking down at me.

"I was better before you got here. Get off me." I say shrugging his arm off of me.

Which he removes and smirks down at me still not moving from his seat.

I look over at Landon to see his jaw clenched tightly and his tongue was poking on the inside of his cheek telling me he was pissed. 

He scanned Jaylen head to toe with the coldest glare in his direction.

Jaylen moves his gaze to Landon as if just realising he was there.

Jaylen's smirk gets wider when he sees Landon, his eyes move away from Landon to me.

"Who's this Layla?" Jaylen asks me in a mocking tone, staring down at me playfully.

I scoff at him.

"None of your goddamn business. Leave." Is all I say and turn my attention back to Landon.

Landon's silver eyes were dark now like rain clouds, his gaze was set on Jaylen with an icy cold glare.

I nearly shivered at the sight. 

Jaylen didn't seem to mind, seeming more amused than ever.

Jaylen continues to speak,

"Baby, I've missed you, how about you ditch him and come to mine for a bit. I know plenty of ways to make your ni-

He gets cut off by Landon grabbing him by throat.

Landon grabs him and pushes him to the floor choking him.

I stare at them in shock and then quickly recover when I see Jaylen's face turning blue.

I quickly rush to Landon and hesitatingly put my arm on his shoulder.

His cold eyes snap to mine, I look at him with pleading eyes.

He holds his cold gaze on me and slowly releases his hand from Jaylen's neck.

His eyes go to Jaylen as he gasps for air.