Chapter Three

A Trip Down The Memory Lane to when Olivia showed up unannounced to my house for a sleepover.

"You're favorite person is here!"

I lifted my head up from my bed and rolled off it, rushing downstairs. Olivia was standing there with her sleepover bag. I giggled and rolled my eyes at her.

No one in our house seemed fazed by her presence, even dad who decided to pass by at that moment.

After Olivia and I became friends, we practically dragged our parents to meet each other. From then on, it's as if I've had two families.

I haven't told anyone, but I've always preferred Olivia's family more. She was the only born, so there was no big, annoying brother, or bratty little sister.

"Wait!" Olivia exclaimed as we began walking up the stairs. She ran into the kitchen and not long before coming out with a handful of snacks. My face broke out into a grin as I carried her bag for her.

"I didn't know you were coming," I began.

"Neither did I," Olivia said throwing herself on my bed. "I just got this sudden thought that we're fourteen and when's the best time to do a sleepover than now?"

"You're so random, Liv." I dumped my pile of clothes in the corner of the room and sat down on my chair, spinning around.

Olivia suddenly got up, her eyes had that sparkle like she did when we first met.

I couldn't help but stare at them. She was blinking fast and biting her lip. This meant she was excited and was planning something.

I snapped out of the daze and started to pretend as if I was looking at the pictures of us on the wall.

"Hey Amy, where's your brother?" She asked with a smirk on her face.

I raised my eyebrows in suspicion. "At Hockey practice, as always. Why?"

"We should prank him!" She squealed.

I immediately began shaking my head in horror. "No, no, no. He's going to kill me, like literally!"

"Have some fun Amy," Olivia said. I sighed. She really wanted to do it, and  didn't want to ruin her mood.

"Fine," I said unenthusiastically.

"Great!" Olivia grabbed my hand. She had done it before in the past years, but this time it felt weird, as if there were butterflies going through. I ignored the feeling and let Olivia pull me to my wooden drawer - which was next to the door -  and watched her pull out my art supplies.

Olivia handed me two paintbrushes and pink sequins that were heart shaped while she had pink paint and glitter. "Come on!" She squealed dragging me to Levi's room. I shushed her knowing that if Ashley saw us enter, she'd snitch.

I had only entered Levi's room a few times in the past fourteen years. He would always kick me out. The room was dark and it was hard to know where we were going because the room was unfamiliar to the both of us.

Olivia had only been there once and that was because I dared her too. Levi hadn't done much to her - maybe because she was a guest, or that he found her hot. Levi had always favored her more than me, and was sometimes winking at her. The winking had started last year, and each time I caught him do that, I had this jealousy feeling inside of me. I hated it, but never dwelled too much on the feeling.

"Careful," Olivia said gently moving me aside. "There were a bunch of shoes there I almost tripped over."

"Shouldn't there be a light in here somewhere? This blue neon one is straining my eyes," I said to no one in particular.