~EIGHTEEN~

~•~•~•~
"I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things." - Mother Teresa.
                        ~•~•~•~
Read the author's note at the end of this chapter please 😊

The pic above is another pic of Joy-Anne I found.

Go on...

                        •BOLU•

The Talent show finally ended and we headed to class. School had closed for the day but as usual, students were still catching cruise. My classmates surrounded the whole corridor, chit chatting, famzing, gossiping and squealing and yelling.

Nina, Ninuola, Joy and I walked ahead of the boys — Fred, MJ, Jeremy and Ayo— while they, on the other hand, yelled about whatever. MJ was the loudest and Ayo said nothing. No, I didn’t have eyes at the back of my head but I could tell whose voice was whose.

“SCIENCE STUDENTS! Go to class one! Arts and commercial students to arts class two!” Mary Belle Dairo, the head girl, yelled.

“Go to class one ke? For what na? Me, I’m tired oh,” Joy said, as she stomped her feet. “Sheybi it’s already closing time.”

“Wahala!” Nina commented.

“Wahala be like SS3 students oh,” I added.

“Bet we’re gonna have stupid holiday classes or projects,” Ninu said.

“Well I hope not,” Joy said.

We walked to the fairly occupied class and took our seats waiting for whatever was to come.

Joy sat with us too, shared a seat with me. Soon after, the class was fully occupied. Ore came and sat beside me, Chidera followed and sat on his laps.

Jeremy brought a chair and put it beside mine, making Joy and I to be in the middle of him and Ore. Then he pulled Joy to his laps.

This was one of those days when RBA wasn’t strict with seats because obviously, the class was crowded.

I looked at them both. Chidera had her arms wrapped around Ore while Joy was just a blushing mess. Jeremy smirked at me while Ore had an unreadable expression on his face.

He didn’t look sad but he didn’t look happy either. He looked like he was thinking about something. Funny, ‘cause he was the one who did giveaway just now, wasn’t he? His mood didn’t ever switch like that.

I shrugged and decided to mind my business.

I also decided to talk to Joy later. I really need to know what was going on between her and Jeremy. I looked at both couples again and felt caught in the middle and for some reason, I sank deeper into my seat.

After a few seconds, the vice principal and my least favorite teacher — physics teacher, entered the class.

“Good afternoon sir!” All of us greeted.

“Afternoon students, trust your day is going well,” the VP said.

“Yes sir!” we all chorused.

“Now, you people know that this is your final year here at River Brook Academy and we expect nothing but the best from you. You have shown arrogant, insolent, pompous and lackadaisical character since you returned and saw and your GCE results…”

Some students murmured loudly:

“Ehhhh lackadaisical…”

“Sir, do you know the meaning?”