Chapter 40

Third person POV

Clyde informed his beloved wife and mate, about the events that took place over the last few days. She now knew about the rogue situation and Campbell shifting to protect Amber. Though they were all ecstatic about Campbell transformation, they dawned on chances that the kids missed due to unexpected rogues in the area. Now, they had to put all that behind them, and look forward. Alpha Aiden didn't visit at the time planned, being so, he was to be expected today along with some members of his pack. The rainy weather had past away over night; there was no excuse not to have this meeting

Clyde, Miles and Caleb, along  with their mates, where upstairs having breakfast among themselves. They were all aware of Aurelia's attempt to leave the day before, and they did nothing but wonder what for.
The guards informed Clyde that she had left the premises, and thankfully, he got Mikayla to convince her on staying for the night. Mikayla persuaded her by saying it wasn't safe to travel with Amber at that moment; Mikayla also agreed to leave with them both. Campbell hadn't been seen since and they believe that he could stop his mate.

"Maybe it's because Amber was almost attacked." Octavia suggested.

Ava nodded, "You may have a point, maybe she thought Something like that would occur again?" She guessed.

"Aurelia's not like that." Miles disagreed.

Ava rolled her eyes, she never like when Miles choose Aurelia's side. "And how would you know, you didn't even know that she had a child." She said slightly irritated.

Miles scoffed, "I'm not having this conversation with you." Whenever Aurelia was the topic, a arguement would occur. Miles hated to see his mate angry, but he also didn't liked the way Ava talked about Aurelia.

Lavinia saw what was going on between the two and decided to say something. "It could be my mother." She shrugged. "Ever since she arrived, Aurelia hadn't mentioned a word to any of us."

Then Meghan walked in with a grin. "Why are you guys blaming everyone except Aurelia? If you ask me, I think she was just using us this whole time."

"Fortunately, no one asked you Meg." Miles growled. "And what the hell do any of you have to offer that she doesn't already have?"

Meg didn't answer and helped herself to breakfast. "We should ask Campbell, I bet he knows something." She hinted.

Miles started clapping. "Wow, great idea Meg." He exclaimed. "Why didn't we think of that?"

"Okay, that's enough." Clyde scolded.

Caleb stayed silent throughout their discussion. He had nothing to say for his mind was already occupied with the fact that Aurelia was leaving. He saw that she was creating distance with herself and everyone else, ever since she had woken up. It upset him when they were talking about what happened and not trying to do something about it.

'Alphas, Lunas, Alpha Aiden has arrived.' One of the guard reported.

They  put all the dishes away and cleaned up, each of them left the kitchen except for Octavia and Caleb.

He held her hand and sighed.  "We can go back to our room if you don't want to greet him." He suggested. He was aware that she had alot of warming up to do when it came to werewolves; Alphas in general.

Octavia shook her head, "As long as you're by my side, I'll be fine." She insisted.

"That's my girl." He beamed kissing her.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

"Alpha Aiden," Clyde greeted. "Welcome to our territory. This is my mate and Luna, Lavinia. "