Chapter 42

"MATE, MINE!!"

Mikayla backed away, shaking her head in disbelief. "No, no, no," she repeated. "Not you!!!" She shouted. "Why does it have to be you?" She cried.

"What do you mean?" Aiden gave a painful look on his face. "You're mine." He forceful told her.

Mikayla scoffed at his statement. "Why the hell...... would I even consider being with you?" She stared at him in disgust. "I've spent my entire existence running far you, I'm not running back because the goddess made the mistake of placing us together.!!!" She looked back at me before continuing, in her eyes I spotted conflicting fear and desire; a wild desire for her own peace and freedom.

"I, Mikayla Ivanov, reject you," Aiden tried getting to her before she could finish, not that he did, "Aiden Walker, as my mate and alpha." She shouted out.

As her sentence finished, Mikayla got slammed into the wall. He he went on top and started beating her. I helplessly watched his fist swang back and forth, hitting her face, chest.

I couldn't stand it anymore. I couldn't stand watching him hurt anyone anymore. I was tired of being silenced, all my life I was expected to be invisible and quiet. For once, I wished to have full control over myself, I wanted to be free of them both.

Mikayla didn't even fought back, I knew Victoria was holding her down, otherwise she would have shifted. If Aiden didn't stop, he would likely beat her to death. No one was gonna to do anything, all of us were helpless. Amber sat crying as she witnessed the scene.

Mikayla's face turned, she looked at me while he was still hitting her. A stray tear fell as she closed her eyes, I waited for them to open up again, but they didn't.

"Noooooo!!!" I yelled.

Shadows darted after Aiden and Victoria, separating them at an alarming rate, then they disappeared. Everyone else felt to the floor with a thug, Victoria's hold on us most have broken when she fell. I continued staring at her bruised and lifeless face, while Miles ran to her side calling her name. My head snapped to Aiden, he was trying to get to his feet.

He's the one who caused this, kill him. A voice screamed in my head. A familiar presence consumed my consciousness, even though it was forceful, I gave it full control. It took me a while to comprehend with everything going on around me, but I knew for sure, my magic was back. I didn't have to think twice about it, I wanted to end this once and for all. In doing that Aiden and Victoria had to go.

I stood up with my head held high, prepared to deal with both of them.

"What's going on, how does she have her magic?" Aiden demanded.

"I don't know, she lost it when I gave her the cure." Victoria squealed out.

"Well do something." He ordered.

"Don't make this harder on yourself Victoria," I forewarned. "I told you I would repay you for helping me, and I never break a promise."

She gazed at me, fear flashed in her eyes.
Aiden's men shifted and Victoria was able to hide behind their large forms. Clyde and Caleb also shifted, their clothes shedding to pieces in the process. What surprised me though, was seeing Campbell shift into an Arctic wolf. He was massive. His long legs and bushy tail gave him a lanky appearance. It's skull was broad, and his face, and ears were well defined.

They fought in wolf form while Meg, Lavinia, and I used our magic, and Octavia her vampire speed. I threw most of them of the window or through walls, all I intended on was to getting Victoria. I was so focused on her, I didn't see Aiden coming until it was too late.