─¹⁵. SCREAMING LIKE A BANSHEE

⚡︎
┄┄ .•* 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟓 *•. ┄┄

𝒔𝒊𝒓𝒊, 𝒓𝒆𝒈𝒈𝒊𝒆, 𝒐𝒉, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒂𝒔𝒌

────── *•. ⚡︎ .•*──────

On the 22nd of November, five minutes to one, Ron and Hermione were sitting in front of the fire playing Wizard's chess. Well, Hermione was getting her arse kicked by Ron, but who cares? Ron was about to make the final move that would make him win when the portrait door swung open and in came a panting Harry.

"What happened to you?" Ron asked him standing up and Hermione smirked and bent down so she could whisper to the pieces.

"Could you guys be so kind and move around so I'm winning? You won't have to have any more losses that way, and we can have a sleepover and a fort party afterward!" Hermione whispered and the pieces started moving around the board, Hermione grinning. "Checkmate!" she exclaimed and Ron looked around at her, then at the board, and gaped.

"You cheated! That wasn't like that before!"

"How dare you, Ronald Weasley! I did not cheat! I asked!" Hermione said, gasping dramatically but before Ron could respond there was a voice that made the three jump.

"I did that too! Beat Moony's arse on my third year because the Queen was in love with me," they heard Sirius's head say from the fire and Hermione snorted.

"I bribed them with sleepovers and fort parties!" She grinned.

"'Atta girl!" Sirius barked out in laughter as Ron gaped and grumbled under his breath. Harry however wasn't for jokes at the moment, though he was amused by the interaction.

"Sirius—how're you doing?"

Sirius seemed to sober up and frowned at Harry. "Nevermind me, how are you?" he said seriously.

"I'm—fine." Before long Harry couldn't help it anymore and Ron and Hermione watched in amusement as he started ranting about everything wrong going on in his life, sometimes butting in with comments of their own:

 "Hermione threatened the common room." 

"I was joking. . . ." 

"You gave a first-year nightmares!" 

"How is that my fault?"

". . . and now Hagrid's just shown me what's coming in the first task, and it's dragons, Sirius, and I'm a goner," he finished desperately.

"Dragons?!" Ron shrieked.