Chapter 29 - Birthday

🎶 Voh Dekhnay Mein

Published on 28.05.2021

● A U T H O R ●

"Happy Birthday Aarohi," Vihaan whispered in her ear leaning in.

Aarohi stood frozen in her place, staring unblinkingly at Vihaan who had a knowing smile on his face.

"The cake is still in your mouth." He reminded her.

Aarohi blinked as she slowly started chewing on the piece, looking around for something and still contemplating.

"It's 9th of June, 12:01 am," Vihaan whispered pointing towards the clock.

She looked in the direction and then her hands flew to her mouth in what Vihaan presumed to be a good kind of shock.

"Oh shit! Oh fuck! Shoot!" Aarohi shrieked and Vihaan's eyes widened listening to her cursing at a stretch. "Oh my god! I didn't even remember it's my birthday!" She turned around looking at Vihaan as her face lit up like a Christmas tree. "Thank you for remembering. No wait, thanks for this," she looked at the cupcakes but then shook her head, "I mean thank you for planning this. No, did you actually plan this?" She frowned as Vihaan continued to stare at the chaotic woman. "No, sorry. Ugh. Offo!" She groaned covering her face in the palm of her hands for a couple of seconds before removing them and launching herself on Vihaan for a bear hug. Vihaan almost stumbled backwards at the momentum but balanced himself as well as her by hugging her back, feeling her close to him and sighing softly.

"It means a lot." Aarohi whispered and pulled back, looking at him with moist eyes.

"You're crying?" Vihaan asked in surprise, worry etched on his face.

She shook her head and blinked back the tears. "I'm not." She defied. "It's just overwhelming. A lot happened today so..." Aarohi bit on her lower lip feeling a tad bit anxious.

Vihaan made a tsk sound as he once again pulled her for a hug by her elbows and placed his head on top of hers. "It's okay. But it's time to celebrate and be happy. We've many reasons today for that and I don't want to waste them." He asserted and she chuckled. He lightly kissed the top of her head and Aarohi closed her eyes. Every moment feels too perfect with Vihaan. She was never the one who liked to take others help, who liked when people showed too much affection or care, it always felt that at the end everyone leaves or all of this is just fake but with Vihaan, she couldn't help but crave for more. "How's the cupcake?" Vihaan asked breaking her moment which she never wanted to end.

Aarohi pulled back and looked at him dubiously.

He rolled his eyes and picked up the piece again, bringing it near her mouth. "Don't be lost this time."

She gave him a small embarrassed nod and took another bite, almost moaning at the taste. As if Vihaan wasn't less perfect that the cupcakes he made were perfect too.

"It's- it's the best that I've ever eaten." Aarohi felt at a loss of appropriate words to appreciate him and stared at him in awe when his lips curved up to form a beautiful smile, showcasing his dimples and his eyes sparkled with contentment.

"I'm glad you liked it." He responded modestly.

Aarohi looked at the frosting through the corner of her eyes that had accidentally fell on the tray and stealthily swiped her fingers over it. Vihaan was simply staring at her face as she made him eat the cupcake by the other hand. She slowly brought her fingers up and rubbed the cream on his cheeks, giggling childishly at his bewildered expression.

"You minx!" He gasped when Aarohi held his hands as he tried to reach for the piping bag so that he could return her the favour.

"No swearing because it's my special day." Aarohi grinned creepily looking at his helpless state.