{5} Lull

{Sorin's POV}

I just watched a video of my baby sister skillfully pickpocket one of our most well trained guards. Crazy enough, she stole a gun. A FREAKING GUN. Why would she do that? My innocent 2 year old sister is gone and replaced with a thief?

"What are we going to do about this?" I ask Caspian.

"I don't understand. What would she even need the gun for?" Ambrose says.

"We need to confront her." I demand.

"We're going to watch her." Caspian says calmly. 

"WATCH HER? SHE HAS A GUN! SHE'LL HURT HERSELF!" I shout.

"Don't forget who's in charge here." Caspian booms. "She's been acting suspicious since she arrived earlier today. She has clearly lied multiple times and I don't expect a different result concerning this. The only way we'll get answers is if we watch her."

"He's right" Ambrose says and I reluctantly nod in agreement.

Caspian takes out his laptop and pulls up the security feed from Aspen's room. Is this a major violation of her privacy? Maybe. Is it for the greater good so she wont hurt herself? We'll go with this one.

Aspen is sitting on the floor fiddling with the gun. The clip is on the floor next to her and we watch as she successfully, and in record time, takes apart the gun and puts it back together. 

"Where the f*ck did she learn that?!" I shout.

"At least we don't have to worry about her hurting herself with it." Ambrose comments and I roll my eyes.

We focus back on the screen and watch as Aspen aims the gun at various objects in her room. It makes me uneasy to see her like this. What happened to my little sister?

{Aspen's POV}

I try to get a feel for the gun by taking it apart and putting it back together. This was one of the first things Ash taught me to do with a gun. He made it very clear that you need to understand the gun and the way it works to be able to use it as best you can. That being said, each gun is different so I try to familiarize myself with this one by aiming at random things in my room.

After about an hour, I look at the clock on the wall and see that it's 10pm. This day had been chaotic to say the least and I'm exhausted. I start to look for a place to hide the gun. I glance at my bedside table and open a drawer and I notice a gap underneath it. I find a roll of tape in my desk and use it to tape the gun under the drawer. When I'm satisfied with the hiding place, I close it up and put the tape away.

I decide to take a quick shower and let me say it is the best shower I've had in my entire life. Because of this, my quick shower turns into a lengthy one. When I step out, it's 11pm. I quickly change into some sweatpants and a sweatshirt that are laying in my closet. That reminds me, I need to ask Caspian when my things are going to arrive. When I'm done changing I collapse on my cloud of a bed and drift off to sleep.

I suddenly wake up to the sound of glass shattering outside of my room. I look at the clock and see it's 3am. In a slight panic, I get up from my bed and creep towards the door. I hear a thud and without thinking, I quickly open the door to find Kohen laying on the ground. I crouch beside him and instantly smell alcohol. I gently shake him.