21 - *A Clash of Titans*

Chapter 21 – Clash of Titans

Ophelia leapt up a flight of stairs rapidly as she raced to the North entrance. Passing soldiers and medics clambering to the infirmary and communication hubs.

"How are we looking, Billy?" Ophelia called into her comms as she ran.

"Fucking terribly!" He yelled out in exasperation, holding off the full barrage of soldiers with  dozens of his comrades. "I am too young and beautiful to die, Ophelia!"

"Alright! Alright! No need to cry I am coming, you big baby." Ophelia reassured him.

As she reached the final flight of stairs, Ophelia came to an immediate stop.

Cull Obsidian towered above the rest of his Chitauri comrades. Reaching the same height as the Korbinites, he lumbered towards an overwhelmed Bill, wielding a large hook-like weapon.

Prison Level

The blaring alarms sounded muted to Louis, reverberating in his head like he was underwater.

Ophelia.

His mother was the only person who had ever protected him, and she haunted his every waking moment with his need to see her again. But Ophelia was his partner in everything. His equal, with an unconditional trust that could only exist between the two of them.

Thanos cut down his hope with callous brutality, turning his optimism into futility, forced to become subservient through unbearable torture.

For years, Louis doubted there was anything left to salvage from what Thanos took.

"You can get out, Lou."

Louis jerked his head sharply at the voice of his sister echoing in his head. The rise of hope in his heart clashing with the thought of what Thanos would do to him if he left.

"You're still my brother Lou."

How could she still love him? Despite everything he's done, all the lives he's taken under the rule of his adoptive father. How could Ophelia still care about him? It was a trick. No one could love him.

"I'm all that you have left, son."

"You were my hero."

He groaned as his mind raced at a tumultuous speed, memories of his life as a Delacour bleeding into his conscience.

As Louis internally wrestled with his identity, outside his cell Korbinite soldiers were being cut down one by one. An invisible hand grasped their bodies and battered them against metal walls.

Ebony Maw glided into the Prison level with a nonchalant expression, killing his enemies with his telekinesis. When he reached the cell doors of Gamora, Nebula and Louis; he lifted his right hand and absentmindedly picked up 3 guards.