Chapter 24

Once we got to the hotel, I took the trio to my room

Once we got to the hotel, I took the trio to my room. We all silently got cleaned up while Matteo went and stood outside.

I barely got Maze and John to sleep, I laid with them for a good hour until I heard their light snores.

I can't even imagine how Matteo is feeling. He's lost his brother, they went through everything together. Rico was always there to protect him, now that he's gone I have to take on his responsibility of being the big brother.

I watch as Matteo sits outside on the balcony with tears running down his face while looking up at the sky.

As much pain as I'm in, I need to be there for Matteo, like I am for John.

I grab my bottle of vodka and walk towards the balcony of the hotel room.

I sit next to him and let him lay his head on my shoulder as he relaxes a little bit. His tears start to die down.

"Why did he have to leave", he sniffles, closing his eyes from spilling more tears.

"I don't have an answer for you. I don't. But I promise you that we will get our justice. Just don't worry about anything, I'll handle it all.

"I feel like I'm on fire, and all I see is flames. I want to see them all dead. First, torcher them until they beg for death, while their family members watch every second of it", Matteo says with anger lacing through his voice.

"We will. Just know that you have your family with you every step of the way. If you need anything I will be there. The way you went to Rico for every little problem or if you needed a hug, I'll be here. No one can ever take his place, but he would want us to stay strong", I place a kiss on his forehead.

"He loved you so much Sage-"Let's go inside and try and get some sleep", I gently pull him up, taking his arm and walking into the empty room.

"Go change into something more comfortable and I'll be here", I softly say while climbing into bed.

I lay down staring up at the selling. I don't believe anything that happened tonight, I just want Rico to come through the door and come over to me. I'm so sorry that I didn't open up to him.

I feel someone climb into bed and snuggle up into me. I wrap my arms around Matteo.

Tonight was going to be hard for both of us.

I place a kiss on his forehead, "he will always be with us". I close my eyes and try to get this night to pass.

***

Flashback

"Your mother, your father, your brothers, they all left you. No one will ever want you. Wherever you go trouble follows. You're the reason Silas is dead, you ruin everyone and everything. Believe it or not, John will be next", Cade's voice rang through my ears.

He ties me up and taunts me until I get out, every day harder than the other.

"Shut the fuck up, come out here and fight me. Don't hide like a little bitch", I scream, trying to get out of the restraints. My feet, my hands, everything hurt.

I have been here for months, they killed Silas in front of my eyes. I didn't know what to do, but I took John and hid him in the attic. I hope he got out safely and got help.

My ninth birthday should be in a couple of days.

During my time here so far I have learned a few things. Don't cry, no matter how hard it is. Cade has two kids, nice kids. They sneak me water when he leaves. I don't know why I'm here, but Cade seems to know everything about me.

I have got to be strong if I want to find John

"Watch your mouth, or you'll be in here for the rest of your life. I guess that's not bad for someone who was made to be alone", his words interrupted my thoughts.

"Fuck you", I yell, letting my emotions control me.

The next thing I feel is a whip across my back.

I scream in pain, watching as tears fall from my eyes.

Luna comes into vision of my blurry eyes, "I'm so sorry", she whispers with guilt showing on her face. I try to give her a smile, "it's okay".

End of flashback

I wake up with a heavy breath.

I remember it as if it was happening right now.

Well, it's not, get over yourself.

I look down at Matteo who's clutching on to me like I was going to slip away.

I still have to talk to the trio about the contract, but I don't want them to worry.

I grab my phone from my nightstand, 8 AM. I just need to busy myself with work, I see a message from Blaze. I have no idea how he has my number because I forgot to give it to him last night.

I'm about to open it when Matteo starts ster.

"What's wrong, love", I wake him up.

"Last night just plays in my head again and again", he whispers.

"It'll get better, I promise. I have some work to deal with, do you want to go sleep with John and Maze", I play with his hair.

"Why are you leaving", he frowns.

"Just some work has to happen and it has to be me. When I come back will go back to Spain. I want to get out of here as soon as possible. If you need anything, call me", I get out of bed grabbing his arm and taking him to the other room.

I put him in the middle of the bed between Maze and John. I write a little note saying I'll be out and to pack because we're leaving as soon as I get back. With that, I walk into the bathroom to get ready. Today was going to be hard without him.

Did you like this chapter?

Remember to vote and comment.