31| Got Her Own

She know that I love whenever I call her, see a smiling face. Tell that nigga she fucking with, better chill before I pump his brakes. She know that I'm gangsta, I'll fuck around and pump his face. I usually don't do this, but I been in my cuffing ways. It's prolly 'cause she got her own, and she bad. | Toosii

Britain laid with her back against Priest chest

Britain laid with her back against Priest chest. Their attention was casted onto her laptop that was screening a live stream of a sermon from their go to preacher, Pastor Riva. She was young, relatable and wise beyond her years. Priest and Britain always related to her sermons simply because she didn't harp on the same issue and topic constantly. She pushed the envelope and talked about things that even Priest and Britain weren't comfortable talking about. Pastor Riva was just great.

Over Britain's shoulders, Priest shifted his dark orbs from the laptop and onto the stack of sticky notes Britain kept on hand alongside of her chiseled point pen. She would every so often jot down stuff worth remembering during Pastor Riva's sermon. The points she really wanted to remember, she would mark them with an asterisk.

This had become a normality for Britain. Priest enjoyed watching her take her notes. She had great penmanship. Her small details like adding a heart above her I's and below her exclamation marks always amused Priest. He loved how she kept her innocence when it came to certain things. He was sure that her added hearts in her penmanship was a small thing she use to do as a child which carried up with her as an adult.

Reaching over her, Priest grabbed the stack of neon pink sticky notes that she inked with her black pen. "Being selfish isn't the same as putting you first," Priest read aloud what she had jotted down.

Britain nodded her head letting the statement resonate with her once more. Britain took ahold of the sticky notes, peeling that quote from the top. Priest laughed as she stuck it directly to his forehead, they both knew how much he struggled with putting himself first when it came to taking care of everyone. Priest biggest fear was, not doing enough. He had so much to offer and it just wouldn't sit right with him if he was constantly thinking of himself.

"Alright, I'll take that to the chin," His laughter settled as he took the sticky note off of his forehead. "It's alright P, we're learning," She smirked as she rested her head back into his chest, this time, she rotated herself around so she could wrap her arms around him.

For the remainder of the sermon, the two watched in silence. Once the live stream came to an end, Priest and Britain shared a conjoined prayer before taking their time to say their own in silence. It always felt revitalizing to do things as such with Priest. He found interest with connecting with the man above, beyond just praying when things got rough. Priest was an active believer of God. He prayed constantly. When he woke up, before he ate, before he left the house, and before he went to bed. Everything was surrounded by prayer. Britain loved every bit of it.

"I need to talk to you about something," Priest's raspy voice came through Britain's ears as she now sat up with her back against the headboard of his bed.