Chapter Thirty-One

click the star!
*sorry for any mistakes*
don't be afraid to comment!

*IMPORTANT CHAPTER*

Two Months Later
Mid May
One Week Before Mikah's Birthday

"Are you serious?" Mikah asked over the phone, he was at the gallery getting ready for the exhibition. She didn't want to disturb him, but he insisted that he told her what was wrong.

5 minutes earlier

"i can call you back Mi, it's not a big deal."

"youn ever call me and it's not facetime so what's up, i can talk and work at the same time."

"No Mikah, go ahead. Ima be in the same spot, ill call you."

"No, tell me now."

"Mikah."

"Maia."

Maia huffed before taking a deep breath, she was trying so hard not to cry.

"they dumbasses took away my graduation just because of a bitch that ate a bat."

"baby, ion think someone ate a bat." He wanted to laugh but knew he couldn't.

"yes the bitch did." tears were starting to fall down her face.

present time

"Yesss" Maia cried, she was balling.

"Nah because, what the fuck is online ? FUCK, i bought a fucking dress an- i wanna return that shit, what the fuck. SHIT." She was going through all of the emotions at once, she couldn't go to graduation, and they wanted an online one, she was clearly not having it.

Mikah chuckled "Mai how about this, im leaving here in five minutes, and then ima be there in no longer than an hour..then we can do whatever you want k?"

"Man i wanna go to graduation, ohmygosh i hate it here, barley but wan put on a cap and gown and walk cross de people stage. This is bare jobby, FURTHERMORE why you laughing at me ? you think that my pain and suffering is funny ? Bet. Be safe though."

Mikah was fighting his laughter. "Yes ma'am, i'll see you soon."

Maia sighed "bye."

She threw the phone in front of her on the bed and plopped back staring at the ceiling.

Man what the fuck.

She wanted to cry again, it was her high school graduation. She wanted to walk across the stage and do the whole do, now she was going to he sitting in-front of a screen with a crappy ass background behind her. She didn't care if people said she was over-reacting, she waited too long for this day, she went through way too much.

"Whatever ima just get cute for myself and stay home." Maia rolled her eyes getting up to order from the Barbadian restaurant that not long opened up.

She picked up the cordless phone and dialed the number off of the instagram place.

The phone rang three times before someone picked up "Hello good afternoon, 246eats, how may i help"

"hi good afternoon, i wanted to place an order for delivery."

"Yes dear go ahead."

"Okay, can i have...one portion of pelau, with pickled cucumber and plantain?"

"yep, what drink?"

"uhhhh, a lemonade please."

"Okay love, your total is 19.46, you can pay the delivery man, does he need to make change ?"