34 | touchdown

"Did you call her?" Ty questions as he pulls on his uniform

"Did you call her?" Ty questions as he pulls on his uniform. The team is gathered in the locker room, preparing for the final Championship game. It's been a day since I last talked to Eliana and needless to say, I was nervous.

I tried to call her a couple of hours ago before our pre-game warmup but she didn't pick up, so I decided to wait it out until tomorrow or at least after the game.

I did, however, send her a text. Well, multiple.

I probably should have called her earlier — as in yesterday — but I also wanted to give her a little time

I probably should have called her earlier — as in yesterday — but I also wanted to give her a little time. Not that she needed it, based on her texts yesterday.

I nod as I lace up my cleats, tapping on the toes of them for good luck, "Yeah, she didn't pick up."

Ian adjusts his shoulder pads and raises a brow at me in thought, "Think she's mad at you?"

"Maybe." Rolling my shoulders back, I try to keep myself calm. I can't have a repeat of those practices where all that was in my mind was the girl I was falling for. "Let's change the topic, man."

Coach Barrett enters the room and begins to go over the plays, hypes us up, and wishes us luck. By the time we get out on the field, my hands are shaking and all that is on my mind is the one thing I was trying not to have on my mind.

The stadium lights illuminate the tens of thousands of people in their seats, cheering for the South Hampton Titans as we run out onto the field. I'll never get tired of playing this game. Especially when people show up and show out like this.

A sea of Titan maroon red stands and sits, starting a crowd wave as we make our way further onto the field. On the other side is the opposite — people dressed in purple and gold in support of our opponents, LSU.

It's the Playoffs, the final game, I remind myself constantly, trying to focus more on the fact that we're so close to the end — I can take a break and spend more time with Eliana and my mom and not feel so guilty for being on the road all the time.