4

The day was quiet, the only sounds were that of the falcon crowing in the distance. All of a sudden, you could hear the falcon whisper something.

"Wake up, Zane. I know where you come from."

Zane jolted from bed, hitting his head on the top of his bunk bed as he gasped from the shock of his dream. Outside the window of the room, he could hear the falcon crying in the golden air of of the rising sun. 

He followed the falcon upstairs to the bridge, seeing Sensei Wu and Nya prepare for the day.

"The hunt starts early today." Zane commented.

"A watchful eye never sleeps." Wu said.

"As long as Lloyd and the Serpentine roam freely, no one in Ninjago is safe." Nya said sadly.

"Where are the others?"

"Training on the upper deck."

Zane left the bridge and went up to the upper deck, only to find no one else on the deck but the falcon.

"You were in my dream, little friend." He said to the falcon, "Last time I saw you, you led me to good fortune. What reason have you returned?"

The falcon said nothing, but then flew away into the open skies. Zane rushed to the side of the side of the bounty to chase after the falcon, but then... he felt a cold chill rush up his spine. A dark menacing chill that struck fear into his heart.

He turned around and saw Lord Garmadon standing behind him.

"Lord Garmadon. But you were banished." Zane said facing the dark lord.

"Only to return for the weapons of spinjitzu." Lord Garmadon stated, pulling twin blades from behind his back, "Soon I will have the power to recreate Ninjago in my own image."

Garmadon charged towards Zane, swinging his swords at the white ninja. But Zane was quicker than him, jumping out of the way while pulling out his Shurikens of Ice.

"Give me your Shurikens of Ice." Garmadon demanded.

"You'll have to take them from me. Ninja, go!" Zane shouted performing Spinjitzu and attacking Garmadon, but the dark lord caught him before Zane could do anything to stop him.

The white ninja was thrown across the deck, slamming into the junk piled on the floor and dropping his golden weapons.

"So be it." Garmadon stated, cutting a nearby rope that held a large crate in the air, allowing it to fall towards Zane.

However, a miracle happened at the last possible moment. Before Zane could be crushed by the crate, someone caught it with his bare hands and threw it away. Zane looked up and saw a young stranger dressed in a green gi.

"The Green Ninja. The legend is true." Zane gasped in awe at the strange ninja.

Garmadon and the Green ninja engaged in battle, the Green ninja fighting the dark lord without any signs of giving up or backing down. Garmadon swung his swords at the Green ninja, but the ninja jumped up and landed on the blades. He was swung around the mast, but the ninja landed safely on the deck. Garmadon threw his weapons in a huff, but the green ninja ducked and dodged the blades with ease, stepping aside and creating a green spinjitzu tornado. 

Garmadon jumped up to meet the green ninja and tried to land a hit, but the ninja blocked and punched back. He flipped over Garmadon and pulled out the Nunchucks of Lightning, using them to hit Garmadon and throwing him overboard, ridding the bounty of the dark lord for the time.

As Garmadon's screams faded with the wind, Zane looked over to meet the green ninja's gaze, only to find his eyes filled with fire and the falcon crying on his arm, his right fist covered in bright flames.