c h a p t e r - t w e l v e

London

"Finals are coming! Finals are coming!" Rome yelled, sitting down next to me at the lunch table.

"Everyone run for their lives!" Justin chuckled, sitting next to Sobari who was sitting across from me.

I chuckled as Yasmine followed them shortly.
"Welp I know I failed my final project in engineering, but it's senior year so fuck it!"

"I felt that." I smiled, squeezing her shoulder.

She pouted and leaned on my own shoulder.

"Are we ready for graduation? Other than Yasmine since she won't be passing engineering." Justin chuckled.

Yasmine rolled her eyes and threw her orange at him.
"I'm still graduating bitch. I don't need that class to graduate."

"Ow Damn. You gonna let her do that?" He asked, turning to Sobari.

"You should've known she was going to do that." She chuckled.

I laughed as well.
"I'm ready. To hold that degree will make all of this worth it."

"Question for you London." Sobari asked.

"Do ask."

"Where have you been recently?"

"You know..around." I chuckled.

"I want to question that as well." Rome chimed, turning to me.

"Aw someone's getting jealous." Justin teased.

"Shut up." Rome responded.

"Don't be jealous, you'll have me all to yourself tomorrow night." I smiled.

"Tomorrow night?"

"Yeah, when you take me out."

He smiled
"Right, right, you'll be ready at 8?"

I smiled as Sobari and Yasmine smirked.
"Yep. It's a date."

Stephen

"Don't just walk away when I'm trying to talk to you!" I yelled, following Ayesha downstairs.

"You're not trying to talk, you're trying to argue, and I don't have time for it. I have a flight to catch." She sighed, walking through the living room, about to leave on yet another business trip she hadn't told me about.

I had woken up last night to multiple pings coming from her phone. Once I checked them, my anger rose as all of them were from her lawyer Bryce. Asking her how she was feeling, if she wanted to talk, how that time was their time to wind down. I couldn't help but feel uncomfortable that he was even texting her that late.
"Are you cheating on me?"

She scoffed.
"You would love an excuse to leave wouldn't you."

"What the hell does that mean!?"

"It means all these arguments just feel like your looking for a way out! This is petty."

"It's not petty. Those texts are things that need to be discussed!"

"It's nothing! I had some bad deals and he was checking to make sure I was dealing with the loss okay."

"At 3 am!?"

"I can't help when other people decide to text me Wardell!"

I scoffed.
"This is bullshit! You'd make this house a living hell if you found out a random chick was doing texting me in the middle of the night."