Chapter 4 : family

𝗘𝘃𝗶𝗲'𝘀 𝗣.𝗢.𝗩

"Yeah you're right." Alexis said
"Okay well do you want to sleep in my bed I can sleep on the couch." I said frankly
"No i'm good on the couch I wouldnt want to feel like i'm intruding."
"Okay i'm going to get you a cover and you're not intruding at all."

I quickly walked to my hallway closet. I grabbed a cover and 2 pillows just to make sure was comfortable because my couch was very small. As I get closer to the living room. I hear faint snores.
There she is asleep on MY couch.
I put the blanket over her and lift her head to put the pillows.

Then I just watch her ; I admire her. How her face moves in discomfort as she attempts to get comfortable. The way her dark skin looks flawless in the dim lighting.

When I realize how creepy I must look I back away and hurry up to my room. Heart beating faster than ever. I slowly close my eyes and fall asleep dreading the next day.

𝗔𝗹𝗲𝘅𝗶𝘀'𝘀 𝗣.𝗢.𝗩

I woke up to the sun beaming on my face.
I sat up remembering all the events from last night. I gathered all my stuff and began walking home. My house wasn't that far. It was only 2 blocks away. I would've waited for Evie to wake up but I needed the fresh air ; also I had plenty things to think about in terms of my relationship with Alex.

As I walk in the the house immediatly I heard footsteps rush towards me.
"Babe where'd you go." Alex said
"I stayed at a Co-workers house for the night. I needed to think about y'know stuff." I said trying not to show any signs of emotion in my voice.

"Uhm about that i'm sorry, things have been hard on me lately and I wrongfully took that out on you."
I'm not going to lie I did consider ending things with him but I just can't it would hurt my familys buisness so much.
I slowly walked towards him and pulled him into a hug.
"Okay." I said softly

"Okay?" He said confused
"Lets try to work things out."
After I said that he pulled me into a kiss. It was overwhelming but ultimately I kissed back.

𝗘𝘃𝗶𝗲'𝘀 𝗣.𝗢.𝗩

I woke up and walked into the living room. To my suprise Alexis was no longer there. I figured she had got up and went home. So I got ready for work.

- 𝗔𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗝𝗼𝗯 -

I walked in Kayla was there at the front desk.  I greeted her. "Is Ale-." I had to stop myself quickly.
"Is Ms. Evans in yet."
"I haven't seen her yet but you can just go inside the office."
"Okay I'll talk to you later then."
I wait inside the office and just a few minutes later Ms. Evans walks in ; her hair slightly disheveled and cheeks flushed.

"Sorry i'm late, I got held up anyways let's get started."
My face drops when I see the state she's in. Instant jealousy ; but nonetheless I nod my head in agreement.
She hands me a stack of work like she does every day except this time...
"2 hours."
"IS SHE TRYING TO PUNISH ME ??"
I look out the window and look up to the sky. What did I do to deserve this. I thought...
--
i wrote this at 4 am🙇🏾‍♀️