Chapter 04

When he first heard that he had a daughter, he first wanted to laugh viciously at how much of a desperate person his former wife's parents were. He wanted to kill them right then and there. His children were his treasures and he doesn't appreciate such jokes like that.

Apparently, it was true, and it was more shocking when he heard that his runaway wife had 'died'. He snorted at that because he knew his wife all too well and he also knew that she asked her parents to call him so that he could take care of her burden.

However, for him, Isabella was far from a burden.

When he first saw her, all he wanted to do was to tuck her in his strong embrace forever. The little girl was a bundle of joy, his sons loved her the moment they first saw her as well.

He understood why.

In the Torres family, they rarely have girls. The reason why was because they were either killed as soon as they were born or their either of their parents would run away with their babies, away from the Torres family, from the Torres name and from the tainted souls that they have.

It was understandable. Their whole family was dangerous. It was a kill or be killed kind of thing.

Of course, he would never let anyone hurt any of his children. Everyone knows how much he would kill just for his children to be safe in his territory. It's much safer for them to be with him than to hide them from the world where everyone could investigate them and find out that they're actually a Torres.

Unlike his sons, Isabella was much more closer to danger due to the fact that she was a girl. Since the Torres rarely have girls and women, Isabella would be seen as an opportunity, a weakness and definitely a tool for revenge.

Dante shivered at the thought.

As he looks at Isabella in her crib, sitting down while she looks up at him with a bright smile on her face, her cheeks flushed in rosy red and her adorable baby teeth showing, he couldn't help but smile back at her. She was perfect in any way. He couldn't even believe how Tatiana could hate such a pretty little girl like her.

He kneeled down so that he could be face to face with his daughter.

She cooed softly, her doe eyes were wide with amusement. She crawled towards him and  reached out to pat his cheek with a look of curiosity swirling in her beautiful brown eyes. He smiled softly.

He greeted her. "Cómo está mi niña hermosa?"

(How is my beautiful girl?)

Isabella greeted him with a giggle and a coo.

"Hello, mijita." He exclaimed, holding her hand. "I haven't seen you since the flight. How are you doing, darling?"

(My little daughter.)

He knows that Isabella can't understand what he's saying but it felt like the right thing to talk to her. Isabella was a talkative baby, she would babble away without getting tired.

And she did just that. She babbled away with a serious expression, screeching every once in a while while doing wild hand gestures to explain herself better.

Dante nodded wordlessly, humming his answer every once in a while.

He didn't like the idea of Isabella being with that bitch for a year. He blames himself for not knowing earlier. However, he didn't even know that Isabella existed, which was even more suspicious. Dante just came to the conclusion that the woman drugged him before doing whatever the fuck she wanted with him.

He scowled internally, cursing himself for letting his guard down around his former wife. But could you blame him? She was his wife, he loved her and he was blinded by that.