Chapter 14

Jin

As soon as Taehyung gets out of the car, James grumbles something in front, causing Jin to turn away from the window and look at the driver-bodyguard.

"What did you say?"

"I said, it doesn't take a fool to understand that the boy is neither your friend nor your project partner". James repeats. His face is still straight and Jin wonders whether this is what they call as the resting bitch face.

"He....is my classmate". Jin says...it wasn't entirely wrong. Also, why was James speaking to him?

The driver starts the engine. "You should stay away from him".

The 17 year old rolls his eyes. "And why should I ?"

"Well, I should technically say because of Mr Kim. I don't think he would be particularly happy if he finds out his son has a crush on someone, much less a boy".

"And who said I have a crush on Tae?"

"Seokjin, I am not that old to not realise when a person likes someone else. I have a wife back at home too". James says, eyes focusing on the road in front.

"Okay, but how would Mr Kim figure it out? Unless....you tell him?"

When only silence meets Jin, he finally gets what James means. "Of course. Obviously you would tell him! Wouldn't you? You are, after all, his spy".

James just shakes his head in an annoyed manner. "Just stay safe, Seokjin. And I am not talking about your father here".

Rolling his eyes once again, Jin proceeds to take out his phone. If James snitched then no one can stop him.

What does another hit or a couple of harsh words by Mr Kim matter?

He just hoped whatever the threats were didn't affect his goals of studying the fashion designing course- Mr Kim had always been against that idea- it was too feminine for him- that narrow minded man. But when the man got to know that people can actually get famous with this career, Mr Kim became neutral about the choice. But Jin was still scared that suddenly Mr Kim would force him to further study something in which Jin had no interest upon- like business or economics.

They finally reach home and Jin steps inside as soon as James gets out and opens the car door.

The house seems less empty when the chefs and maids are not around- which sounds strange but to Jin it isn't. With the staff around, Jin feels like he is being spied on and held captive 24/7. He wasn't allowed to invite anyone except Jimin inside his house- just because Mr Kim didn't trust anyone and thought that Jin would get distracted with too many friends.

If Jin had to bring over someone for a project, the students profile was checked by Mr Kim's people so that in case Jin was spotted with the student by the media- it won't be a mess.

However, Jin knew the media didn't even know how he looked like- much less what he did.

Walking upstairs to freshen up and then think about dinner, he quickly takes a shower and changes into his pyjamas.

It had felt good helping Taehyung- they were finally interacting! Though it was mostly one sided.

Sitting on his bed while drying his hair, he decides to check his social media. Jin didn't post as often as Jimin did, resorting to just sharing interesting or funny posts in his stories- and then smiling happily when people replied to it. Jin of course, left them all on seen.

He didn't care about them. He just cared about the attention. He needed it and as the second most popular guy, he got it.

Jin checks over his direct messages with a bored eye but a name catches his attention. A message had been sent just a minute ago.

It was Taehyung.

Opening it as quick as possible, drying hair long forgotten- he smiles when he sees Taehyung asking him for a ride tomorrow- and probably all the days he went for work.

Who knew that one day Jin would be in the same car with the person he liked, much less get a message from him?

Jin's heart beat fast while he quickly sent back a reply.

He liked Taehyung's 'thanks' and wondered if he could write anything else.

No, he shouldn't be that clear to figure out. What if Taehyung realises that Jin has a crush on him, then gets repelled by that thought and then whatever progress had been made between the two - though little- would be ruined?

So, he tapped quickly on the keyboard and sent the message.

- Goodnight :)

He got left on seen.

Never mind, Jin thought- as he made his way downstairs- someday, Taehyung would message back to his goodnight.

A/N:

A (extremely?) short chapter. I really want to write long ones, I do and I even have the time for it lol, but I want the book to have at least 30 chapters or around it.

:)

💜💜