vitamin me deprived

i let out a sad sigh as i glanced at my wall clock. 9pm. 2 hours after my planned dinner with lena. this was not the first time this has happened.

for some reason, i wasn't angry. of course, i was sad. but i was more sorry for my girlfriend. she has been stuck in this endless cycle of handling things at catco, l-corp and dealing with people trying to kill her because of her last name. 

i packed up the dinner that i had laid out on the dining table into heated containers and placed them in a bag. i wore my coat, grabbed my purse and left to hail a taxi to lena's office. 

--

"thank you, eve!" i smiled as the blonde held lena's office door open for me, who had my hands full with the bags of food.

lena had her hand on her temple as she was mumbling to herself. she hasn't even noticed i came in her office.

"hello, my love" i said softly as i walked towards her desk. her head shot up in surprise before a smile crept up to her face. the smile that contrasted to her frustrated expression she had on just a few seconds prior. the smile that instantly melted my heart. 

"y/n! hi baby, you didn't tell me you were coming over?"

i laughed as i pushed away her work materials, earning a confused look from lena. i started placing the packed dishes i cooked onto her now empty desk. 

"and you didn't tell me you were missing dinner," i said with a small smile on my face. 

she tilted her head to the side as her face grew even more confused, before realisation visually hits her. 

"dinner... DINNER. crap. i'm so sorry, love. i totally forgot about it, i had so much to do and i didn't even keep track of time and i-" lena buried her face in her hands and groaned. 

i cut her off, "lena, it's okay. you know me, don't worry about it. let's just eat, alright?"

i waited for a response but there was none. i was about to call her again when i heard a sob escape her lips. 

oh my god, she was crying. i don't do well with people crying, girlfriend or not. 

i walked over to her side of the table and sighed. 

"lena..." i called out and another loud sob escapes her. 

i spun her chair around so that she was facing me, her face still in her hands. i pulled her in for a hug, with her face smushed against my abdomen. her crying just got even louder and i winced. i placed a hand on her head and gently stroked her hair, shushing her. 

"baby. i told you, it's okay"

she let out a groan before pulling her hands away from my waist. she slumped down on her chair and sighed, hiccups escaping her every now and then. 

i smiled at the adorable sight in front of me before i stepped forward and wiped away her tears with my shirt. 

"y/n! you're gonna ruin your shirt with my makeup" she laughed. and so did i. 

i propped myself up on her desk and pulled her office chair so that she was right in front of me. she looked up at me with her big green eyes. 

national city, this is your most powerful CEO behind closed doors. a literal puppy. 

god, i'm so in love with this woman. 

"talk to me. what's going on, why are you missing meals?" i asked, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear. 

she wrapped her arms around my waist and sighed. "i don't know. everything is just so overwhelming with buying over catco, my brother breaking out of prison, kara JUST revealing to me that she's supergirl..... all these stupid l-corp paperwork," she huffed as she kicked the papers that has fallen to the floor.  i let out a small laugh at her childish act and hummed in acknowledgement, urging her to continue. 

"worst of all.. neglecting you. my girlfriend. you don't deserve any of this, i DON'T deserve you.. i can count the times i've had a meal with you the past month with ONE HAND. i'm so sorry"

i let out a sigh. "yeah.. you have been neglecting me. but that's not the worst of it." 

she raised an eyebrow, confused. 

"you've been neglecting yourself, stupid," i said, hitting her arm jokingly. 

"ow! watch it," lena warns as she rubs the spot i smacked. 

i rolled my eyes before continuing. "you're getting barely any sleep, you're skipping meals, and worst of all you're depriving yourself of vitamin ME" 

lena threw her head back and burst out laughing. i smiled. score for y/n. 

"yeah? well. guess i better get some of that vitamin quickly," she breathed out as she leaned her face closer to me. 

i snaked my arms around her neck and pulled her even closer to me, leaning my face down so that our lips were only inches apart. 

"go get that vitamin then, luthor." i challenged. 

she let out a bitter laugh at the mention of her last name before she brought my face down so our lips met. i tightened my grip on her neck as she stood up from her chair. 

damn it, she was now taller than me. 

i felt her smile against my lips and i did as well. 

after a while i pulled away to look at her disheveled self. "you know that i love you, but you look like a wreck right now"

the luthor crossed her arms as she huffed in disbelief. "how dare you come into my office at 9pm at night, insulting me like this?"

"don't forget i comforted you through your mental breakdown, gave you your very much needed dose of vitamin me AND brought you food we were supposed to eat together 2 hours ago"

lena pursed her lips as she nodded her head in defeat. she brought both her hands up to the sides of her head as a sign of surrender. 

"that's what i thought. now eat," i said before shoving a chicken cutlet into her mouth and we both burst out laughing.