twenty-three - you

only you know

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

|How do you even do it?

(one week later.)

"L/n-san."

"..." You were too busy daydreaming. As of this moment, you were imagining yourself jumping on cloud after cloud, weightless and in a world where nothing except whatever that was in front of you existed.

And what was in front of you? Clouds, yourself, your ability to somehow float through this world, and..

"L/N-SAN!" The angelic voice that you had grown accustomed to but not quite pulled you back into reality.

"Screw you." You gave him the stink eye before lying on your school desk face-first, wrapping your arms protectively around your skull.

All he replied in was amused laughter. "School just ended. What are you doing here?"

"Things the school's president can't even dream of."

"..Really?"

"What. You think I'm joking?" You got up from your position on your desk that you had been very much enjoying. "Why are you here, anyway? I was relishing jumping among clouds before you kindly interrupted my session."

"Jumpi-" Yuki stopped himself before he could finish his sentence, immediately covering his mouth in an effort to stop from bursting into laughter.

You frowned at him. What kind of person stops themselves from laughing? Yuki. The boy you had met, two forces literally crashing into each other, him just as broken as you are. But yet, so very different from you.

"Are you hungry?" You hummed, already starting to pack up your bags as you thought of something to do. Something to make this damn boy smile.

"N-"

You got up, slinging your bag across your shoulder and grabbing his arm. "Wrong answer."
-
"I still had president duties-"

"Then why did you come to my classroom, hmm? If you were sooooo busy?" You crossed your arms, sighing. "It's already the last day of school before the holidays. Plus, the moment you'd stepped in, the rest of the day was for us to spend."

Hearing this, the boy's face immediately reddened, though the colour wasn't very obvious. Even you didn't notice. You were too busy feeling sorry for the boy in front of you who could not laugh and enjoy happiness properly.

Dropping a few coins of loose change to the stallowner who'd just handed you a cone of ice cream, you extended it to Yuki.

"Want some?"

He opened his mouth, as if he was going to speak, but then he quickly turned away, thinking otherwise.

"...N-no.."

You let out a heavy sigh, hand tilting forward and momentarily letting go of your ice cream cone. You yelped, lurching forward.

Fingers wrapped around your wrist, and another hand around yours, supporting the cone. The both of you looked so concerned over the singular cone of ice cream, as if it held the keys to your eternal desires and many other wondrous things - all your fingers and wrists and hands and arms were all entangled together in one very strange mess. Your eyes met, both in shock.

What just happened?

He burst out laughing, grey eyes that truly looked silver in the gentle sunlight. "We l-look so s-s-tupid-!"

Before you could say anything, he had opened his mouth again, this time with an air of courage, a profound smile on his face.

"Tomorrow night. See you there."

And then he pushed your hands away, smiling that frustratingly innocent smile, gently removing your fingers from his as he disappeared down the street.

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

the way i break.

words: 567
published: 18/05/2021