Chapter 37

They decided it was best to have dinner outside as it was getting late and went to a restaurant before he drove her home.

"Do you want to come up and stay for sometime?",Nandini asked him wanting him to stay back.

He was about to reply when he felt his phone vibrate and looked up to see a message about the early meeting.

" Sorry. I will stay next time. Need to prepare for the meeting. That jerk moved up the meeting to morning. I am sure he did that just to mess with me.",Manik complained and Nandini chuckled and nodded.

" It's fine.",She said and he got down from the car and came by her side.

" Do you need help with them. I will take it up for you.",Manik asked as he took out the stuffed toys and the paper bag.

" No I will take it up.",She said as she put the jacket on the seat and took her things from him keeping the stuffed toy she won for him back in his car.

She smiled showing him she was able to hold it and he nodded and looked at her.

She opened her arms for a hug and he moved forward and wrapped his arms around her.

" I had fun today.",Nandini murmured as she snuggled closer to him and he smiled.

"I had fun too. I am looking forward to what you plan for the next date. ",Manik said as he caressed her hair.

"We should do this more. Just us.",Nandini said lifting her head to look at him still holding him.

"Two days back you said that for the girls.",Manik teased bumping his head with hers.

"Yes but that was two days back.",She argued.

"Okay we will. ",Manik said wanting the same.

It was as if they wanted to make up for the time they lost this last two weeks avoiding and being angry at each other.

"Do you have to leave?",She asked with a pout.

He frowned and gave her a guilty look.

"I am going to kill that annoying jerk tomorrow. It is all because of him. Don't make that face. How about I see if I am free during lunch and we can go out.",Manik said annoyed at Ishaan as he offered her with a smile.

" Okay.",She said and put her head on his chest again.

"I need to leave.",Manik said and she hummed in reply.

Manik brought his hand forward and cupped her cheeks.

She looked at him wondering how is he gonna react if she kisses him now.

"You should go inside first. I will leave then.",Manik said her and she nodded staring at him still holding him.

Manik smiled and dropped a kiss on her forehead.

"Goodnight.",Manik said in a whisper and she opened her eyes and decided to take the risk.

She tip toed dropping a kiss at the corner of his lips backing out at the last minute.

He looked at her surprised expecting the kiss on the cheek.

She bite her lips watching him shocked and confused.

He opened his mouth to say something but shut it again.

"I don't even know what to say. Is it just you or every girl is like this on their first date.",Manik asked composing himself and she grinned seeing he isn't offended or upset about it.

"It's just me baby. You have got yourself an impatient boyfriend. Goodnight.",She whispered in his ears and dropped a small kiss on his cheeks this time making him smile.