20

Christmas break came quickly. The whole month of November was just one giant blur to the students of Hogwarts.

"Mum where are the biscuits?" Arabella yelled from the kitchen.

"I don't think we have any!" Euphemia yelled back to her oldest child.

"What?!" James yelled from his room before rushing downstairs to the kitchen. "Oh the horror!" He said falling in his knees in agony as he saw no biscuits in the kitchen.

"Oh calm down James." Arabella said rolling her eyes.

"C-calm down?! Are you mad women!" He yelled dramatically, "we have no biscuits! How will we survive!"

"James we are lucky to have food at all." Arabella said rolling her eyes before grabbing a glass of water and jogging up the stairs to her room.

As she sat on her bed she thought about many things. She thought about the prophecy, school, death eaters, the memory regulus had, and she thought of Sirius. Was he safe at home? His parents could be doing something to him right this second, and she couldn't do anything.

She looked around her room which had a very nice light blue and gold theme going on. Her mom surprised her when she got back with a new room design. She had wondered why her mom was asking all these strange questions. 'What is your favorite color combination?' 'What's your kind of aesthetic' 'do you like the idea of a gold and blue room, asking for my friends daughter.'

It all made sense when she got him and her mom rushed her to her room.

Of course Euphemia was more than satisfied with her daughters reaction to the makeover. James however, was a little upset that his sister got a fancy new room and not him. "I see who the favorite is." he said before walking out dramatically.

"We just did your room this summer!" Euphemia had yelled back. Arabella loved her new room. It looked like something made for a princess. 

She sat in her room listening to music for hours before falling asleep to the sound of good old-fashion lover boy playing in the background.

She was woken up by loud knocking at the door. Her room was the closest to the front door, and she had forgotten to close her door so it was easily able to wake her up.

As she got out of bed she fixed her sport bra that she was asleep in, grabbed her wand (in case it was some murderer), and made her way down the stairs. As she walked down the stairs she could see the snow falling from outside the windows. She loved snow, and was now looking forward to playing in it tomorrow.

She opened the door slowly reveling a very red eyed Sirius. As soon as he saw her he pulled her into a hug which she quickly accepted.

"I can't stay there." He cried into her shoulder. She took a step back, still holding onto the boy, so that she could close the door that was letting in a very good breeze.

"What happened." She asked softly.

"I can't do it anymore Bella. They kicked me out. I was I going to leave anyways but-" He cried more, "t-they hit me a-and I just I can't stay-"

"Milly!" She whisper yelled for our house elf.

"Yes miss Bella?" Arabella heard a little voice from beside me ask.

"Can you please get James and my parents?" She whispered.

"N-no dont wake them-" Sirius said.

"Sirius-"

"I don't want to bother them..."  he said with a sniffle.

"Sirius I promise you're not bothering anyone." Arabella said sincerely.

"Just a few minutes then." He said looking up into her eyes. It was then that Arabella really took in his appearance. There was a bruise forming on his left cheek and a small scar on his right.

"Ok." She said quietly as he went back into hug her. "I'm sorry." She said.

Ten minutes later Milly went up to get James and the Potter parents.

"Oh my dear boy what happened!" Fleamont said as he saw Sirius hugging me in the foyer.

"I uh-" he said as he let go of me.

"He need somewhere to stay." I answered for him.

"My parents kicked me out." My said looking at the floor. "I can't find a place-"

"Oh don't be silly you're staying with us." Fleamont said.

"Oh my baby boy what happened!" Euphemia said rushing down the stairs to hug Sirius.

"His stuck up parents kicked him out." Fleamont said.

"Oh my poor boy." Euphemia said hugging him tighter. "Arabella take him to the guest room by your room, it's his now." She said looking over at her daughter.

"Yes mum." Arabella said before grabbing Sirius' hand and bringing him up to his new room.

"What happened?" James asked as he watched Arabella drag Sirius up the stairs. As James reached the bottom of the stairs his parents began to explain everything they knew.

As Arabella guided Sirius to his new room she could see something more was bothering him. As they walked in she closed the door as sat in a chair.

"Did they do something more l than hit you?" Arabella asked. He nodded not looking up from the floor. "W-what did they do?" She asked, even thought she already knew the answer.

"They used the cruciatus curse." He said quietly, as if he was ashamed.

"Had they done that before?" She asked as she walked over and sat next to him on the bed. He shook his head no which made Arabella think. Had she seen the future when she touched Regulus' shoulder? And if she had seen the future then, was the dream she had about killing Dumbledore more than just a dream? "I'm sorry Sirius." She said before hugging him again, which he accepted instantly. "You're safe now. Ill punch them if they get near you again."

He chuckled as he looked up at her. "I don't think you're little noddle arms could punch that hard, but thanks." He said with a smile.

"Hey I'm strong!" Arabella protested.

"Mhm sure." He said smirking at her.

Her hand then formed a fist and she threw a quick punch at his arm.

"Ow!" He said grabbing his arm. "That was more your bony hand then it was you're strength." He said.

"Mhm." She said as she stood up from the bed. "Go to sleep, it's like 2am." She said before walking to the door. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight." He said as she walked out of the room, closing the door behind her.