jealousy, jealousy

I strongly suggest listening to Olivia Rodrigo's "jealousy, jealousy" While reading to immerse yourself into the storyline.

☄︎𝐘/𝐍

I walked through the front gates of my school with a skip in my step, I felt as if I was ready to take on the world.

I approached MJ's open locker and saw a familiar tall, lean figure standing by it.

I knocked on her locker door. "Guess who?" I cooed.

"Holy shit, you're back!" She said wide-eyed. I think that's the most energetic I've ever seen her.

She pulled me into a warm, tight hug and I hugged her back.

"I missed you." I expressed.

"Missed you too. How was France? Any hot French guys?"

"France was good, and no, I'm laying low in the dating world for a moment." I said.

"Mhm, you say that, yet the whole school secretly swoons over Y/n L/n." She remarked.

"Pffft, yeah right." I scoffed.

The bell rang throughout the halls. "Well, this little rendezvous was pleasant, but I gotta' head to class." I excused, and MJ nodded back at me.

I proceeded to walk to my first class and start the day. Who knows? Maybe this little vacation closed one book and opened another.

Fresh start, Y/n.

I had this certain brazenness today, without my mask. Like I could in fact take on the world just by myself; Y/n Stark, not Black Cat.

I feel like that was important for me to realize that I'm strong with or without my suit. I don't need some stupid leather spandex suit. I'm me and that's completely sufficient.

It's more than sufficient.

Although, the scene I witnessed occurring right before my eyes contradicted all these unequivocal thoughts.

"Yeah, Peter. It's obvious you like me, everyone knows. But it's cute. I like it." She smiled.

Are you trying to make a fool out of him? Stop embarrassing him, Liz. He doesn't like to be called out like that.

It did not matter how far I went to recognize what agitated Peter and what relaxed him, him and I would still be on the out's, and wouldn't acknowledge one another.

"So, uh, anyways. I was wondering that if you didn't have a date to homecoming, maybe you'd like to come with me?" He confided, all flustered.

That was it, that was the moment where my heart sank.

All those positive thoughts, all that confidence boosting, none of it mattered after he uttered that sentence.

I rushed the to restroom and locked myself into a stall.

Gasping for air, I grabbed the thin toilet paper and tried to dry my tears, but the cheap material had already dampened.