when you go away, i still see you

i highly recommend listening to Cigarette After Sex's "Sunsetz" To immerse yourself into the storyline.

☄︎𝐘/𝐍

"So I thought I probably had to record a little greeting, or parting...In case of an untimely death, on my part, not that death at any time isn't untimely, this time travel thing we're gonna' try and pull of tomorrow and it's got me scratching my head about the survivability of it all. Then again, that's the hero gig, right? Part of the journey is the end. What am I even tripping for? Everything's gonna' work out exactly the way it's supposed to. I love you." His voice echoed throughout the room. I love you too, Dad.

Everything did work out the way it was supposed to didn't it? People are alive now and that was the goal.

A tear slid down my cheek for the millionth time this week, ever since his passing I have been crying non-stop.

I even shut everyone out. Pepper, Happy, The Avengers, even Peter.

I've barely gotten myself out of my room and dressed for his funeral. I was still shaken from the events and I had no mental space to accept the fact that he was actually gone.

And apparently, I had learned in the midst of all this that Nat passed away in order to obtain the soul stone. And that felt like losing a mother, so in actuality, I cried as if I was an orphan.

I walked down the cabin's stairs, hand-in-hand with Pepper. "Hey, can I drop the reactor into the lake?" I asked. "Of course you can, sweetie." Pepper obliged.

I held onto Dad's first ever reactor and gently placed into the lake watching it float away, as a sign of Dad's parting.

I walked back to where Pepper stood and continued watching the reactor float further and further away.

After it got far away I sat by the porch swing examining my Father's place he called home for the five years that I was gone.

"How you doin', Y/n?" Happy asked, sitting next to me.

"I'm okay, I think." I smiled, wearily. "You hungry?" He asked once more.

"Actually, yeah." I realized.

"What do you want?"

"Cheeseburgers." I laughed. It was the first time I was getting a good laugh since his passing, even though it reminded me of him and it pained me to think of his parting. Thinking of our happy memories made me feel a bit better.

"We can go to Burger King later. I'll drive." Happy added.

"Yeah, obviously."

"Well, uh, I'm gonna' go see the rest of the cabin." I excused myself and went to explore Dad's home.

I had already been in the living room, dining room, and the kitchen. I just had never seen the rest of the house.

I went into a room that seemed to be his and Pepper's. Then, there was a narrow hallway that had only one door.

I walked up to the door and twisted the knob, thinking it would be an office or a lab. But it was a room, for me.