SEVENTY-THREE

- Chapter Seventy-Three -
"Expecto Patronum."

"What happened?"

"What happened?"

The one thing Elladora hated most about being social was confrontation. She hated the feeling of someone coming towards her with hostile and argumentative intent, it made her feel small, especially if it was someone she was friendly with like the four boys who were around her right that moment. The frowns on their faces and their cold stares into the ground made her upset because she knew that her actions had been the cause of it all. She was stupid, what she had done was insane and her hands shook slightly with crippling regret of her actions.

After she had told Regulus about what she had done, who she had done it with, why she had done it, he became angry. He had stormed away from the table immediately, the goal was to hurt and she could see it so clearly in his eyes that she had followed him straight away in an eager attempt to stop him from getting in any trouble. That didn't necessarily work though seeing as he went through the corridors shouting Macnair's name and his height made it almost impossible for Elladora to catch up to him when he was striding that much.

He pinned Macnair against the wall, Macnair didn't even deny that he had taken advantage of her and just laughed about how dumb she was to fall for it. It was...damaging. Regulus hadn't stopped there though and delivered a quick punch. That's when the marauders came and Elladora fretted for her secrecy, trying to get them away but Macnair had made a comment about her sleeping around with them before Remus could let go of his delicate grip on her wrists and walk away.

It nearly all turned into a full flight, much like the one before Easter when Elladora had clung onto Snape's back whilst Remus watched exasperatedly. But Elladora stepped in before that, reprimanding both sides and making them walk away before expressing her deep hatred to Macnair and walking away herself but then she had run into Remus, Sirius, James and Peter again. The five of them were stood in a group together, Elladora fiddling nervously with her bag strap as Sirius asked her what happened with furrowed eyebrows and a look of confusion.

Elladora looked up at him and gulped slightly, how was she supposed to get out of this one?

"Over the holidays, he and some others came around to the house." She said slowly and quietly, glancing to a couple of Ravenclaws who walked past with a wary look to the group all huddled together. "We talked for a while and then...this guy called Evan asked for a drink."

She hoped they couldn't see her hesitation about where this was going, she didn't want to tell them the truth and risk their friendship but she also didn't want to make Evan look just as ad as the others when he was the only nice on apart from Regulus. They didn't seem to be questioning it, just waiting for what she was going to say.

"Naturally, everyone wanted one and I felt uncomfortable in their presence so I had a few myself and then..." She trailed off, scuffing her shoe on the floor awkwardly as she gripped the strap of her bag. "I guess Macnair didn't drink that much and then..." Her eyes glanced up nervously to see them all looking at her softly.