intoxicated

☄︎𝐘/𝐍

✈︎Berlin, Germany

"Y'know last time we were here I hated you, it's good to know things haven't changed." I remarked at Peter whilst we jogged to Fury's car.

"The last time we were here I took you out on a date. Even if you fail to admit it, it did seem like a date." He smirked.

"Oh shut it, Night Monkey." I rolled my eyes in defeat.

We got into Fury's car and abruptly took off from the train station. He raced to the S.H.I.E.L.D. compound in Berlin in attempt to get us somewhere safe, so we could tell him what we knew.

We were locked into a conference room with Maria and Fury. "So, is there anything you wanna' tell us about a certain pair of glasses?" Suggested Fury.

"I know I made a mistake, and I'm sorry. But, he is not who you think he is. Beck is a liar, Mysterio, The Elementals, it's all fake." Peter explained. "It's all projectors, he has some sort of illusion tech. That's what tricked us, and what tricked Peter into giving him Edith." I continued.

Peter took it out from his backpack and slid the projector across the sleek glass table, and into Fury's view.

"It's a projector, fell off of a fire monster in Prague." Peter added. "So, all that death and destruction we witnessed was created by this?" Nick teased.

"No, not just this. He's using drones." I confirmed. "Well, if this is true, then Beck's very dangerous and we need to be smart." Fury warned.

It was almost unbelievable how gullible he seemed. Something seemed off, the sun feels stronger even though we're inside, and there's lots of breeze.

"Who else did you tell about this?" Asked Fury. Now, why did he need to know that? "Beck. He's here." Peter and I said in unison.

Our surroundings began to disintegrate, from buildings to furniture, even Maria.

"It's just an illusion, Fury. Don't shoot!" I warned. But he shot anyway and the drone shot back at him. "Fury!" I ran towards him, but he was gone.

I can't lose someone else, not now, not here, I simply can't.

A drone shot Peter a couple floors down onto the ground of the abandoned building. "Peter!" I yelled, I didn't know who or what to focus on.

"What a death toll, huh!" Beck taunted.

"I know what you're up to, Beck! Now come out here and fight me like a real man." I yelled, hoarsely.

Several drones were aimed at me but I shot my grappling hook in several directions so I could tase them, but they were a simulation too.

"Oh! The sappy little hero pep talk, give me a break. I should've killed you when I had the chance, you're just as smug and disappointing as your Father." Beck pressed.

None of this is real, don't believe anything he's saying.

The parking lot building I was once in now disintegrated into an abyss of nothingness, just a long, dark, and hollow path.