last minute mission

⎈𝐏𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐑

I ran back to where I last saw Beck and he was nowhere to be found. All the destruction beforehand was left untouched and no civilians were in sight, as they all ran away in fear.

My mask was all torn up so I had no choice but going stag. There was something about the bridge that seemed eerie.

Beck could still be here and I could be in one of his illusions. I took a deep breath in to prepare myself for the worst, and I shot a web to the tunnel over the bridge, I had refilled my web shooters when Y/n was passed out.

Beck appeared out of nowhere, previously hidden by his drones. "Just give me the glasses." I commanded, overly indulged with my confidence.

"You want these?" He said whilst taking them out of his vest pocket slyly. "Come and get 'em." He threatened, and everything around me went black.

He sent me into another illusion.

My lungs seemed to exhale many deep breaths today. "C'mon, Peter-tingle." I encouraged myself. I closed my eyes and felt the whereabouts of every drone.

I jumped on one to kick another, I then took of of them and broke it in half throwing the halves at two other drones.

I dodged the raging bullets with ease as I jumped from the wall to the ceiling, in order to reach Beck quickly.

Although, one of the bullets had grazed my face swiftly. I jerked back in fear and jumped back to the floor.

The shots that were being fired multiplied and I had difficulty dodging them, so I grabbed a drone and used it as a shield.

The remaining drones exploded and Beck's illusions were everything but standing.

"Beck!" I called out as I limped towards him. "You lied to me. I trusted you." I could finally see his injured body, struggling for power.

"I know, and that's the most d-disappointing part. You're a good person, Peter." He sniffled.

"...Such a weakness." He mumbled as he took out the glasses. I struggled for breaths, trying to catch them as well.

He was about to hand me the glasses, assuming I'd take them easily. "Stark was right, you do deserve them." He reached out his arm.

Something didn't feel right at all, Beck was handing Edith to me, and everything seemed too easy. I looked around my surroundings, trying to search for clues but everything seemed...Normal.

I hesitated to reach for the glasses, until Beck was nudging for me to take them. My brain was wracked with endless thoughts and questions circling my thinking process.

All I knew was one thing, don't trust him.

I was about to kick Beck's dying body, but his illusion quickly disappeared and I was being hung from the top of the bridge.

I can't believe he's going to kill me, I can't believe he's going to walk away alive. He held me up by my throat.

I didn't know whether to be afraid of falling to my death or choking.