29

The couple bowed at the guests, welcoming them. Jimin didn't like crowd but he knew it's Jungkook's mom's birthday and for his sake they had decided to keep the party in their mansion, instead of outside. Jimin was really thankfully for that.

"This is Mr. William Edward. He is a very good friend of our fathers." Jungkook introduced with a smile and Jimin just smiled a little and bowed down respectfully. He was trying his best to be in his best behaviors, he wanted to nice, to be kind, for Jungkook. He wanted to make the man, who he is love with, proud.

"This is-"

"Mr. Jeon Jungkook." A voice said, gaining the attention of the pair. There stood an officer in his black police uniform, giving them a smile, which wasn't that warm.

"Officer Kim Minho." The officer said offering his hand to Jungkook for a handshake. The latter took it with a hesitant smile, not recognizing having invited the officer to their party.

"How may I help you officer?" Jungkook asked. Jimin was standing beside him, his arm wrapped around his husband's.

But before the officer could open his mouth, someone else interrupted him.

"Minho?" Mr. Park asked frowning and walking towards the man, "What- what are you doing here?" He asked, looking at his wife, who looked equally worried.

Minho just sighed looking at the couple, gritting his teeth when he saw Hinjae's hand on her husband's forearm.
"Well Nice to meet you too Mr. And Mr. Park." He said through venom lacing his voice.

"Oh cut the crap. Why the hell are you here?" Park Kanju asked, stepping forward with clenched fists, glaring at the man. Haejin's hand was the only thing holding him back.

"I'm sorry for my indecent intrusion Mr. Park. But I just wanted to tell you, that I am working on a Case. A case which was closed very cunningly fiver years ago." He smirked and then looked at Jimin, " A case related to the Park family."

On hearing this, Jungkook immediately got alert, his hand automatically going behind Jimin, resting protectively on the small of his back, "Taehyung ah!" he called and as soon as his brother came towards him, frowning noticing the tension between the people here, Jungkook said, "Take Jimin inside, I would join you guys in a few minutes."

"What? But Jungko-"

"Please baby..." Jungkook said, interrupted Jimin, taking his face gently in his palms and touching their foreheads, "Go inside for now. I promise I'll be there in no time. Okay?" Jungkook said softly, caressing Jimin's cheeks with his thumbs.

Jimin looked confused and hesitant but still sighed and nodded, leaving with Tae.

Once Jimin and Tae had gone to Tae's room, Jungkook looked back at the officer and then at the guests around in the mansion.

"I think we should go somewhere private for such matters officer. Please follow me." Jungkook said and made his way towards his own room, he could feel the officer, Mr. And Mrs. Park following him. Jungkook made eye contact with his own parents, who nodded at him, reassuring him that they'll take care of the guests for now.

Once they were inside the room, Jungkook closed the door and faced the officer with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Now tell me officer? Which case are you talking about?" Jungkook asked with a blank expression.

"The murder of Park Jaemin." Officer Minho said, smirking at Kanju, who just glared at him.

"Murder?" Jungkook said, frowning, "as far as I know, it was an accident."

"Accident my ass." Minho snickered. "It was a brutal murder committed by Park Kanju, Park Haejin and Park Jimin."

"Shut the fuck up Minho!! Stop fucking lying!!" Kanju snarled, and if it was not for Haejin stopping him, he would have already punched the man in front of him.