Chapter 19

Duke Su Manor

"Second Brother is going to be mad when he find out about this."

"Relax. It is not your fault. Also His Highness won't even care about me. So don't worry much." She said slowly while pressing a bit pressure on her lips. It hurts like hell that she winced.

Their carriage finally stopped in front of Duke Su Manor. Xu Ling Ai then get down from the carriage.

"See you next time. Sorry for letting you see this side of me." She somehow feel ashamed for letting her idol see the worse side of her. She thought he will go back.

"This lord will go inside with you to greet Second Brother. Anyway, Xu Ling Ai that was a great fight." Li Zhi Ming smile at her sincerely.

Walking inside the manor just like a thief sneaking inside. Xu Ling Ai look around to make sure he is not there.

"Who are you looking out for?" Li Zhi Ming wonder why is she so afraid of Li Zhao.

"Shhh." She put a finger on her lips.

Unknown to her, a tall figure already stand behind them. Li Zhao just got back from his swords training. He was surprised that she actually managed to meet his Third Brother.

"Where have you been?" Li Zhao ask. Wu Xi told him that she is not at home since morning. Thus, Li Zhao ignore Li Zhi Ming presence.

"Oh my heart! How long have you been there?" Xu Ling Ai were very surprised when his voice sounded from her back.

"Second Brother. I came to visit you." Li Zhi Ming were clueless. He don't know what to say.

On the other hand, Xu Ling Ai keep her head down. Trying to hide her face. It was so embarrassing on getting hit. It bruised her ego.

Li Zhao stare at his consort who has been looking down. It was very unusual of her who always walk with her head high up like no one is superior than her.

In a matter of seconds, his sharp eyes like a hawk notice her swollen red cheeks. The imprint was huge that he was sure it belong to a man. Gazing downwards, he clearly saw her lips with blood.

Instantly, his eyes changed into miserable black. Li Zhi Ming follow his Second Brother gaze and it makes him somehow nervous.

Li Zhao's hand went towards her chin and swiftly lift her face to see it more clearly. Xu Ling Ai's gaze fell on his face. She could see that he is bothered. But she don't know why.

"Who hit you?" His sentence drips with so much authority. He was seething. He didn't even bother to know what happen. He just wants a name.

"Your Highness you leave first. I will handle it here." Xu Ling Ai finally said something. She is afraid that Li Zhao might blame Li Zhi Ming.

Li Zhi Ming refuse to leave as he know his brother temper. He will force Xu Ling Ai to tell him. But when Xu Ling Ai herself told him to leave, he slowly back out.

"Nothing happen." She don't want to talk about it any further. How could she admit that she defended him in the public?

"Go to your chamber." When he sense that she don't want to talk about it, he decided to find out on its own.

With a heavy sigh, she left him standing there fuming. But she couldn't see that he was shaking with anger.

"Wu Xi! Find out about what happen." He let out a growl of unsatisfactory.

Bloom Pavilion

In the middle of the night, a figure went inside Xu Ling Ai's chamber. He didn't even try to walk slowly or hide himself.

He saw that she had already sleep. Even the way she sleep was very improper. Leg tangled and hands spread out.

His eyes fell on her exposed arms and leg. Xu Ling Ai is wearing the handmade top and pants. A glimpse of her pale stomach also can be seen because the top slide a bit while she sleep.

Li Zhao grab the blanket and cover her body. Not wanting to invade her privacy.

Sitting beside her, he look at her face. That once flawless face was tainted by bruise and wound.

At first, he wanted to nothing to do with her. She is just someone who will leave him when the time comes.

However, he has to admit that he is attracted to her. Her actions amuse him. While keeping an eyes on her, a warm feelings slip into his heart.

He hate that it is happening. He is not supposed to get attached to someone. He is supposed to stay alone until he died. And he probably couldn't live long because of his illness.

It was hard to ignore her for the pass few days. He keep reminding himself that she is not supposed to be his or she will suffered.

His finger being lifted unconsciously. It was about to graze her cheek but a voice stop his action.

"Your Highness." Gu Mama were dumbfounded when she discovered that her master was in Xu Ling Ai's room. Fortunately, she hold the bowl firmly or it will definitely fell due to the shock.

The day he came into her chamber was their wedding day. And that was the first and last. His sudden visit today really surprised Gu Mama. She thought Li Zhao and Xu Ling Ai relationship can't be fix anymore.

Gu Mama was holding a bowl of ice with a white clothes. It was to tend the wound. Earlier Gu Mama wanted to do it but Xu Ling Ai refused by saying that it will be recover soon. So Gu Mama decided to do it when she is asleep.

"Your Highness do you need anything?" She walked beside Xu Ling Ai and put the bowl down.

"No. You can leave first." Li Zhao respect Gu Mama as an elder who work for him for a very long period.

"But I want to tend Princess Consort's wound." Gu Mama well aware that His Highness and Princess Consort don't get along.

"This lord will do it." Again, Gu Mama's eyes widen up. But then her face instantly lighten up. She smile at Li Zhao.

"Then this old woman will leave first." Gu Mama went out with a big smile.

Putting some ice on clothes, he held it with his hand. Trying his best to be very gentle, Li Zhao slowly tender her bruise carefully. At times, he couldn't handle his strength and it make Xu Ling Ai's grimace.

This is his first time tending someone's else wound so he obviously not good at it. Picking up another white cloth, he wet it with water then squeezed it until it dry a bit. This time, he really control his strength not to hurt her.

Slowly wiping the blood on her lips, he look at her plump lips for sometimes. He is amazed on how she endure such pain. For a lady to endure this much pain in front of others is a big deal.

When Wu Xi told him that Xu Ling Ai get into a fight because of him, he couldn't believe it. No. He just don't want to believe it. Because his heart might want to possess her as his.

Unknowingly, a small smile engraved on his lips. A sense of proudness arouse in him. That stone face finally made out an emotion. Even the masks couldn't cover his delighted face.

P.S.
He smile.

VOTE and COMMENT if you like this chapter!

Thanks! 💖 - R