Holly Jolly

"Nagatoro?"

A boy calls to his kouhai's name, snapping her train of thought and stares up at the curious boy. "W-Wassup, senpai?"

"Are you okay? You've been out of it since we left the school..."

"Y-Yeah... I'm good..." she replies as she rubs a hand into her face, groaning a bit as they continue to stroll through the city of Japan.

The scene takes place the day of Christmas, a boy and a girl walked side by side through the center of a popular city in Japan. As of now, they were heading towards a small coffee shop, they entered to order their drink and sat down on a table near the window.

Nagatoro was still deep in her thoughts once more, her eyes stares out at the afternoon sky of four fifteen.

...

Flashback to a few hours ago where Nagatoro, Y/n, and her friends all sat along a large table, a few boys made their presence as well. There was Naoto, his two unarmed friends and a few others that steamrolled into their little hangout session as everyone talked and laughed.

Well, everyone except for Nagatoro, Naoto, and somewhat Y/n. Nagatoro was still getting catcalled by some of the boys in the group, Naoto wasn't much of a socialist unless if it was Y/n.

And as for Y/n?

"So what else do you play, Y/n?"

He was being bombarded by a few questions from Ayaka and Chizuru, he was just trying to be nice since he found out that they weren't friends with his ex-girlfriend anymore. "Well, I play most of the instruments I get my hands on... Drums, flute, bass guitar-"

"Even the bagpipe?"

"I don't know about bagpipe, Chizuru but I'd like to try it out sometime!" He smiles softly as Chiuru couldn't help but blush softly.

It obviously made Nagatoro jealous but she kept herself calm. She doesn't want a repeat from last time when she figured out the two had a crush on the boy.

Still, the situation proceeds on, everyone was having fun until it comes down to a request made by one of the boys that weren't friends with Naoto. "Say, y'all wanna go karaoking tonight?"

It brought such excitement to the girls and boys face, but Nagatoro, Naoto, and Y/n says otherwise as they were unsure of the idea. "You should come too, Hayase!" Says one of the boys as she looks the other way. "No thanks... I'll pass..."

"Come on, Hayachii! Let's hang out at the karaoke hall!"

"Yeah, come on! Listen to your friend!"

Y/n could see the situation rising, all he could do now was pout angrily and looked away. It was obvious they weren't gonna invite Y/n since he was the least popular person of the group, tying with Naoto.

"What do you say, Y/n?" A voice asks him, he turns his attention to see Ayaka trying to pull him to join them along with Chizuru. "Y-Yeah! Come!"

It was tempting but he doesn't wanna go. He wanted to hang out with Nagatoro but everyone else wanted her to go karaoking. He sighs, shaking his head and getting up from his seat. "I'm sorry... I already have my plans booked..." he accepted his poor reputation, none of the boys was going to let him so he'd just have to leave and put her present at the front door of Nagatoro's home.

"S-So do I!"

Unexpected, Y/n looks up once more to see Nagatoro hopping up to her feet and held Y/n's hand. "We gotta be somewhere right now! We have to go... to..." she looks up at the boy and instantly knew what she wanted. "...to the coffee shop!"