'Florida'

Florida
Renee's Beach Bungalow - Day

Bella's face is turned upward to soak in the warm sun. She turns her head towards Renee when she hears her speak.

"Aren't you gonna miss this? Don't you just feel the vitamin D soaking up in your pores?" They lie in chaise lounges pushed tightly together on the deck. Bella rolls her eyes at her mom's words.

"Yeah, I'm gonna miss this." Renee observes her from the corner of her eye, having been told about her behaviour from both Harley and Charlie.

"You know, colleges in Florida are a lot sunnier. I'm just saying, if you go to university of Alaska... I'm never gonna see you." Bella goes to open her mouth but Harley's squealing stops her. We can see Harley in the distance playing with water guns with Phil. She is completely soaked. Bella huffs quietly but continues.

"They have a really great science program."

"You mean Edward program." Renee pauses for a second before continuing on, worry clearly on her face. "We're worried about you. From what Charlie and Harley told me, you have been a different person ever since you met him. And I know you aren't together anymore but you still seemed attached, even going to the same University."

Bella clenches her hands into fists, trying not to lash out at her mother. "We are just taking a break and there is nothing wrong with wanting to be together... We're in love." Renee's concerns now reach a new level, she didn't think it was this bad with her obsession with Edward.

"I just want to make sure you're making the right choices for you. You know, cause you're the one who's gonna have to live with them." Renee can see Bella starting to get angry and quickly changes the subject.

"Alright, enough with the heavy." She reaches under her chaise and pulls up a large box.

"Mum." Renee sets the box on Bella's lap.

"Congratulations."

"I didn't want you to spend your money." Bella says, trying to appear annoyed but failing miserably.

"I didn't, come on". Bella opens the box-to find a quilt. As she unfolds it, realizes what it is. She hides her grimince.

"Are these all our old trip T-shirts?" Renee nods to her, a smile on her face.

"I saved 'em all. I thought they'd make a good quilt. To keep you warm up in Alaska. Remember this one? Ensenada."

"The snake pit."

"Yep. But this one is my favourite. Here..." Renee says, pointing towards a section of the quilt.

"The three-headed lobster in Maine." Bella pauses for a second. "This is...great. Did Harley get anything?" Renee frowns a little at her less than enthusiastic reply.

"I'm glad you've liked it. I just figured, you know, when you get older, have kids, We can add to it. Maybe go visit... ... the world's largest catsup bottle or something. And Harley got a quilt as well, her one just has the trips that us two went on." Renee then wraps the quilt around Bella.

"I just thought, you should have a little piece of me, up there in Alaska." Harley stops her from needing to comment at her mum's words as she stands at the front of their seats.