Chapter 135

Imogen was in critical condition with the Silent Brothers, them being the best chance she had at surviving.

And Serena had stayed at her side until the second she'd been transported to the City of Bones. Now she went through the portal herself, landing in Magnus' apartment where her brother stood inside a glowing square of energy. Izzy, Magnus, and Alec watched as she landed and stood as close to him as she could get.

Malachi had stood for the Malachi Configuration, a trap designed by the late Consul Malachi to hold a Greater Demon.

"Well, look who's here. Sleeping beauty have a nice nap?" he snarked.

"I will set the falcon free, Jacey," she said and Jace laughed.

"You think you can save me? You can't. You couldn't even save our grandmother."

Silence blanketed the room for a moment and Jace laughed as he stared at the blank look on Serena's face.

"That's right. I drove a sword through her stomach. Jace killed his own grandmother."

"You mean the grandmother that is currently recovering from your attack in the City of Bones?"

His eyes widened in shock.

"Looks like Valentine was right. Even possessed, you are too weak to be a killer. You didn't finish the job properly, Jonathan."

The sound of his full name on her lips grated his ears. Even possessed, he hated the sound.  She never called him that. Jonathan wasn't his name, especially when it was Lilith's son's name.

Jace growled at her. "Lilith will come for me. And when she does, you're all dead."

"Let her come. She may have taken your love for Clary with that little piece of her soul and that potion she got from Magnus, but my soul is still intact. And you've loved me since birth. Your love for Clary may be gone, but ours has endured 23 years of trials and tribulations. It'll endure this."

"And how I'll laugh when you're proved wrong."

"We'll see, little brother. We'll see."