'Hawky' || Chapter Twenty Two

'And I'm a little bit lost without you'•This ain't a love song ~ Scouting for Girls•

•This ain't a love song ~ Scouting for Girls•

You where now between the lines of wanting nothing more than to see Eli, be back to normal with him just like any other day, or not wanting to see him at all. Long story short you where avoiding him. Doing absolutely anything to get out of his way and he noticed. To every time he sent a small smile your way or even made the effort to talk - you ignored it. Not because you didn't want anything to do with him, just because you where too embarrassed to look his right very way. Still embarrassed about the other night and still embarrassed that you enjoyed it.

That lasted a week, avoiding him. He took the hint pretty quickly that there was something wrong after the day you left his house. He was disappointed he made much of an effort for you just to get non in return. Every time Hawk saw you in the school halls or out, he wanted to pick you up in his arms and call you his. But he knew you and he also knew Miguel, knowing himself the least between the three, He needed to keep going strong for all of you. Patience was key. And that very patience seemed to be working in his favour.

Homecoming. The place where you'd expect any teenage girl to be happiest. Floating in their pretty gowns like royalty with their tight fitted prince, while their Mothers cried, sobbing how they looked all grown up. Well news flash, you had non. No dress, no date and most definitely no Mom.

"You seriously have no dress for homecoming, Alex come on i was routing for you!" Sam muffled in between the small handfuls of cafeteria chips. You and Sam hadn't had the most amazing start to your friendship, if that's what it even was. The first time you spoke was back last year - Miguel having a thing for her then and still having one now, and the last time you saw her was at the school fight. Changed wasn't even considered the word.

"Yeah Alex, don't want you to look like a hobo do we now?" Miguel mocked, solely focused more on his high pitched impression than his gone cold food.

Sam slapped his arm lightly, both laughing small opposite you. "Yeah, I don't even have the effort to show my face at the entrance never mind inside." You scoffed, turning your head to look at your fellow friends of the year just to prove your point even more. You didn't want to be anywhere near them. Especially without Eli.

"Don't you even dare! We can find you a dress, and a date! Mall?" Sam offered, only grabbing the attention of one associate with the word mall and that being cinnamon pretzels. Although, definitely not something linked to what she was talking about.

"Eh. I don't know." You shrugged.

"Come on! Even i'll come with you and that's saying something. Also, about the date thing why don't you go with E- I mean Hawk?" Miguel butted his way into the conversation, looking over his shoulder while he spoke low about Eli. He knew it hadn't been good between you from not only the lack of updates from Hawk but the always solemn face you wore around.